Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Adelaide Dentistry Entry 2017

DDest

UAdel BDS III
Hello,

I thought I would open this thread since there is currently none.

This is just for people to get to know each other before the start of the semester.

Congrats on your offers, you probably won't need to go in every day for O'week, most clubs and tours will run the same everyday.
Depends how much sleep you want to get in before 5 years of intense dentistry ;)

Alias

Lurker
Congrats on your offers, you probably won't need to go in every day for O'week, most clubs and tours will run the same everyday.
Depends how much sleep you want to get in before 5 years of intense dentistry ;)

Haha thanks!
And very true. Should probably take that into consideration

But random but did anyone here get an umat equal to or lower than 88%ile. Just had a friend receive a second round interview offer with a umat in low 80's and I didn't receive one with 88%ile so just trying to figure it out.

MD

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
But random but did anyone here get an umat equal to or lower than 88%ile. Just had a friend receive a second round interview offer with a umat in low 80's and I didn't receive one with 88%ile so just trying to figure it out.
They do second round interviews for dent now? Didn't know that :O don't think they had it last year.
Quite odd that they got one with low 80s.. hmm

They do second round interviews for dent now? Didn't know that :eek: don't think they had it last year.
Quite odd that they got one with low 80s.. hmm

Yep wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it with my own eyes lol. Didn't even know they did second round, and once I saw the email I checked satac to make sure I hadn't accidentally deleted it as a preference. Lo and behold I hadn't. Defs doesn't add up lol

MD

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Yep wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it with my own eyes lol. Didn't even know they did second round, and once I saw the email I checked satac to make sure I hadn't accidentally deleted it as a preference. Lo and behold I hadn't. Defs doesn't add up lol
That sounds quite dodgy. Maybe it was just that one person who got the second round interviews for whatever reason :/
Seems pretty late for interviews now too

MD

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
could it have been because of someone dropping out?

also @Kanyewest2016 nope, did not have a UMAT lower than 88
But if someone dropped out they'd just give it to the next person on the waiting list (the people who did the interviews already and were ranked according to that) tho?

DDest

UAdel BDS III
could it be possible that they ran out of people on the waiting list? it seems very unlikely but it is possible i think?

MD

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
could it be possible that they ran out of people on the waiting list? it seems very unlikely but it is possible i think?
Surely they interviewed enough people? There aren't that many spots to fill anyway, and adelaide dent is quite a popular course too. And seems odd that they would give an interview offer to someone with low 80s umat instead of someone with 88%ile :/