Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Competitive GPA for Melbourne Dentistry (Canadian applicant)

Hello, I have heard that the University of Melbourne is very hard to get into as an international student from Canada. Would anyone who has been accepted to Melbourne dentistry be willing to post their GPA and DAT score?

My weighted GPA is 3.54 and my DAT score is 25AA. Do you guys think these results are competitive enough to apply with?

Thanks!

Hello, I have heard that the University of Melbourne is very hard to get into as an international student from Canada. Would anyone who has been accepted to Melbourne dentistry be willing to post their GPA and DAT score?

My weighted GPA is 3.54 and my DAT score is 25AA. Do you guys think these results are competitive enough to apply with?

Thanks!
Hey just curious, how did you weight your GPA? 25AA is really impressive, good job!

Hey just curious, how did you weight your GPA? 25AA is really impressive, good job!
Thanks! I believe they weight is with your most recent year being worth 1/2, and then your second most recent year being 1/3, and the last being worth 1/6.

So for example:
Year 1 - 3.0 GPA
Year 2 - 3.2 GPA
Year 3 - 3.5 GPA

Weighted GPA = [3.5(1/2) + 3.2(1/3) + 3.0(1/6)] = 3.32 GPA

Because of the weighted GPA, I am worried that my 3.5 is not high enough, so wondering if anyone who has gotten into Melbourne can post their DAT and GPA?

Imo from reading previous threads and hearing from a friend that graduated from Melbourne's dental program, that should be pretty competitive considering your dat scores. How did you manage to meet the prereqs though? The anatomy prereq is really hard to complete in Canada.

tialeah

The anatomy pre-requisite is difficult to complete in Canada (because of the cadaver requirement). I did mine at Humber College (ANAT100). They let me enrol for one class :)

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads