Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

JCU JCU Medicine: Interview Discussion

Rafa

Hey everyone. I had my jcu interview last week and got offered a place yesterday. Happy to help anyone regarding the interview!
Hi Sen, Glad to hear the good news.....Congratulations! can you help with any feedback from your interviews? Thanks

PimpOfRivia

Hi Peoples,
The following thread is for those seeking questions about the style and content of JCU medical interviews. Feel free to ask or post critical information regarding the interview.
To start off the thread, here is my question for those who have the answers :). Are JCU medical interviews similar to that of UNSW or is it an MMI?

Firedasher

WSU MBBS I
It's not an MMI and probably more similar in style to a UNSW interview. You're basically in a room with three people from the community who ask you questions. It's not as personal as the UNSW interview is however, from what I gather.

One of the questions I remember was them giving you a scenario (e.g. getting lost while overseas) and asking you how to respond. The other unique thing they do is give you basically three topics (they are really random, niche topics like genetically modified food etc..) and you choose one to give your personal view on.

PimpOfRivia

It's not an MMI and probably more similar in style to a UNSW interview. You're basically in a room with three people from the community who ask you questions. It's not as personal as the UNSW interview is however, from what I gather.

One of the questions I remember was them giving you a scenario (e.g. getting lost while overseas) and asking you how to respond. The other unique thing they do is give you basically three topics (they are really random, niche topics like genetically modified food etc..) and you choose one to give your personal view on.

Thank you so much Firedasher :D

Rafa

Hey everyone. I had my jcu interview last week and got offered a place yesterday. Happy to help anyone regarding the interview!

Hi Sen, still did not hear any feedback about your interview at JCU, can share us your experience? many thanks and congrats again :)

Sen

Hi Sen, still did not hear any feedback about your interview at JCU, can share us your experience? many thanks and congrats again :)
Hey Rafa, sorry I forgot through my HSC studies... it felt very formal and not conversational, the interviewers didn't look enthusiastic and quite bored tbh. it went for 40min, and they were always asking me 'is that all?' after my responses. If you want to know anything more, pls ask! if you could make it more specific that would be much appreciated :)

acbard9

Auckland MBChB
Oh haha thanks for your input. JCU will use my GPA instead of my ATAR anyway. I didn't apply this year, but will do next year.

jk2

Hi
I'm a non standard 1st yr uni student and I'm not from any rural areas. My GPA is going to be around 6.3 and my atar was 95. I didn't put in any references in my application. Do I have a chance of getting an interview?

hadi

Lurker
Hi Sen
congratulation for the offer,
i've got my interview coming up. I just wonder if i can get your email and ask you some questions. cheers

lobbe97

Lurker
Hi
I'm a non standard 1st yr uni student and I'm not from any rural areas. My GPA is going to be around 6.3 and my atar was 95. I didn't put in any references in my application. Do I have a chance of getting an interview?
I'm not sure how much references and the written application are worth but I have a GPA of 6 (atar 96.1 in 2015) and received an offer to interview at JCU. I did spend a lot of time making sure my written application and references were of a high quality

jk2

I'm not sure how much references and the written application are worth but I have a GPA of 6 (atar 96.1 in 2015) and received an offer to interview at JCU. I did spend a lot of time making sure my written application and references were of a high quality

Just out of curiosity in case I have to apply next year, who did you get your references from? I completely ignored the importance of references :(

lobbe97

Lurker
Just out of curiosity in case I have to apply next year, who did you get your references from? I completely ignored the importance of references :(
I got one from my current employer, one from a close family friend who is also a professor at Melbourne University and one from the careers counsellor/ ski team manager from my school.

Reactions: jk2

Dr.Blunt

Rafa I had a predicted 99.40 (OP1 equivalent) and had JCU 5th preference and I got the interview offer (as did many other people who did not have JCU as first preference).

rando9505

Just thought i’d throw it out there- i’m non rural and received a jcu offer without any references and jcu as my 3rd qtac preference (i didn’t see my paa, but estimated atar was 98.75 so probably op1/2)

Reactions: jk2

tod

I would like to know what integrated means? what does it mean for the course to be integrated? cheers