All members should read and follow these rules on MSO before posting:
1. Be civil.
2. No vulgar or violent images, pornography, or profanity.
3. Don't make MSO difficult for others to read. This means no large signatures, hard to read fonts, or posting in other languages.
4. Don't reveal other people's personal information.
5. Don't pretend to be someone who you are not. This includes claiming to be a member of staff when you are not, or claiming to be a doctor when you are not, or claiming to be a medical student when you are not, etc.
6. You are allowed to register one, and only one, account on MSO.
7. No post-padding to inflate post counts.
8. No posting the same question multiple times, including if you are asking in different forums. Post it once and wait for a response.
9. No bumping of threads, including to get a response.
10. Don't post links to illegal or copyrighted material.
11. Don't post links to malicious websites (including those that steal personal information or those that install malware)
12. No discrimination on the basis of race, gender/sexuality, or religion
13. No advertising paid services (this includes paid UMAT or interview tutoring or preparation courses) outside the Paid Preparation subforum (all paid services advertised must follow the rules of the Paid Preparation subforum).
Anyone breaking the above rules may be permanently banned from MSO.