1. MSO strongly supports marriage equality for same-sex couples. We believe that this will lead to better outcomes for all Australians. #voteyes
    Dismiss Notice
  2. MSO wishes all year 12's sitting their final exams the best of luck. May your pens never run out and your pages never stick.
    Dismiss Notice

Adelaide Dentistry Entry 2017

Discussion in 'Dentistry Entrance' started by DDest, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Kanyewest2016

Kanyewest2016 Member

Yep that's what i thought, really weird. Not to bothered though as i got an offer elsewhere but this may be worth looking into for people who missed out on interviews. The student was tertiary transfer from the uni, so i don't know if that played a part at all. As per their admissions guide, they shouldn't have gotten an advantage but did. Will ring tomorrow just to ask about how that happened.

2. Kanyewest2016

Kanyewest2016 Member

well assuming they did for whatever reason and had to have a second round, it would make more sense to go down umat rankings list lol.

MD likes this.
  3. sht

sht Member

Is it possible they got caught short on interviewees and are now scrambling by getting locals to interview? The original cutoff was 93%tile (much higher than last year), so it might not be beyond the realms of possibility that there were more hedging applicants that got offers elsewhere (including med students).

4. Kanyewest2016

Kanyewest2016 Member

Called them up and the lady essentially told me that they can't give me info about any other applicants and they don't have an official second round of interviews lol

5. Toni

Toni New Member

So the 2nd round offers could be non-official. Does anybody know anyone, who has received placement from this 2nd round offer if there was one?

6. DDest

DDest Member

non-official offers?

7. Toni

Toni New Member

Going by the call "Kanyewest2016" made?? Can anyone tell me if there was any offer made to Adelaide dentistry recently

8. DentalPerfectionist

DentalPerfectionist Member

Hi, just wondering if you international students that were accepted mind sharing your GPA?

9. Alyssia

Alyssia Member

A bit later in the year to be posting this but I have a friend who got 77 percentile in UMAT last year and was given an interview late February (and got in having missed 2 weeks of semester 1)

10. kjz

kjz Member

Is your friend an Adelaide local or interstate?

11. DDest

DDest Member

I think there was quite a weird situation last year. People were called up quite late for an interview despite having lower UMAT scores than others.

Alyssia likes this.
  12. Alyssia

Alyssia Member

He's local

13. acbard9

acbard9 Member

Thoughts on a 79% from a NZ student for 2018? haha :( wish I had put any effort in, at least a practice test or something!

14. DDest

DDest Member

Have you applied for 2018 entry? For 2018 entry, then you would needed to apply in 2017.

15. acbard9

acbard9 Member

Yeah I applied :)

DDest likes this.