Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Adelaide interview offer for dental, what responsibilities do we have!?

Boom

Please help, what exactly does the following mean?

""
Prior to the Oral Assessment

When you register for the Oral Assessment, you will be asked that you are aware of the following matters: - your responsibilities regarding the University of Adelaide’s Policy on Prescribed Communicable Infections Screening Notifications - your responsibilities regarding the University of Adelaide’s Policy on Police Checks. - your responsibilities regarding the University of Adelaide’s
Policy on Tuberculosis Screening Notification, that a current, approved Senior First Aid Certificate (including CPR) is required prior to commencement. It is your responsibility to be informed of these policies before your Oral Assessment.
"

I tried searching around and couldn't find anything about these?

Please can someone help me, thank you in advance. The words in blue, does that mean we need that before commencing the course, or is that after graduation?

Thanks

pizzagreen

Please help, what exactly does the following mean?

""
Prior to the Oral Assessment

When you register for the Oral Assessment, you will be asked that you are aware of the following matters: - your responsibilities regarding the University of Adelaide’s Policy on Prescribed Communicable Infections Screening Notifications - your responsibilities regarding the University of Adelaide’s Policy on Police Checks. - your responsibilities regarding the University of Adelaide’s
Policy on Tuberculosis Screening Notification, that a current, approved Senior First Aid Certificate (including CPR) is required prior to commencement. It is your responsibility to be informed of these policies before your Oral Assessment.

From my understanding, you need the Senior First Aid Certificate before you commence your studies. All the other health tests are for before clinical placements, and more information can be found here: Clinical Placements | Faculty of Health Sciences

I don't think you need to stress out too much about this, the uni will surely inform you of what you need to do when you get your offer, and before placement.

[MENTION=5617]miss_universe[/MENTION] would know more

miss_universe

muse.
Emeritus Staff
I dont think you need first aid prior to course commencement. We did it during 3rd year for the senior cert. The rest you will do during your first week of uni (ie the infectious disease tests)

Boom

From my understanding, you need the Senior First Aid Certificate before you commence your studies. All the other health tests are for before clinical placements, and more information can be found here: Clinical Placements | Faculty of Health Sciences

I don't think you need to stress out too much about this, the uni will surely inform you of what you need to do when you get your offer, and before placement.

@miss_universe would know more

I dont think you need first aid prior to course commencement. We did it during 3rd year for the senior cert. The rest you will do during your first week of uni (ie the infectious disease tests)

Thank you both for the reply. Does that mean I could just turn up to the oral assessment at this stage?

Thank you both again.

pizzagreen

You don't need to do any of these things before your interview. Just follow the instructions that'll be emailed to you, I.e. ID, the email printed out, and the conflict of interest thing signed (that's with the email). The rest is before/during your course, they just want you to be aware that if you have a communicable infection or criminal history, etc, it'll be harder to do things or perhaps impossible (so would need to discuss with them). So don't worry.

miss_universe

muse.
Emeritus Staff
Thank you both for the reply. Does that mean I could just turn up to the oral assessment at this stage?

Thank you both again.

yes, you should eb able to. They will give you some more info at the interview anyway.

helenwu7

You don't need to do any of these things before your interview. Just follow the instructions that'll be emailed to you, I.e. ID, the email printed out, and the conflict of interest thing signed (that's with the email). The rest is before/during your course, they just want you to be aware that if you have a communicable infection or criminal history, etc, it'll be harder to do things or perhaps impossible (so would need to discuss with them). So don't worry.

Hi pizzagreen and miss universe!
I was wondering if any of you still remember who should be the person signing the "witnessed" slot for the Conflict of Interest Declaration for Applicants document.
Thank you soooo much in advance!

pizzagreen

Sorry I don't remember. If it doesn't say anything then perhaps give them a quick call to check. Though I have an inkling that you could sign it on the day and get a helper to sign.

Raiden

I think I got either a helper or one of the other interviewees to sign mine on the day.

Last edited:

nicci

[MENTION=21008]helenwu7[/MENTION] you can just take your Conflict of Interest Declaration to the lady who checks you off at the interview and leave the "witnessed" slot blank ^_^ (have you had your interview yet?)

helenwu7

@helenwu7 you can just take your Conflict of Interest Declaration to the lady who checks you off at the interview and leave the "witnessed" slot blank ^_^ (have you had your interview yet?)

Hey nicci! Sorry for the super late reply! I was out of town for a couple of weeks soon after the interview at the beginning of October. Are you also an applicant for 2015 UADEL's BDS program?