Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Adelaide Adelaide Med Offers 2017

chatswood

Congratulations to all who got offers.
Am holding out for Flinders offer but no email so far. Has anyone got a rejection email?

GV

Hi guys, long time lurker first time poster here. Its been a long to road to get here.

I received an offer letter via email this morning for adelaide MBBS (bonded).

GPA: 6.85
UMAT: 93
Adelaide uni student
Interview: I thought was subpar. But grateful for offer. :)

Good luck to all still waiting!

Insane that such good scores are only landing bonded offers. I remember years when people were getting unbonded with 5.0 GPAs! Congrats nonetheless, the TT pathway is kinda brutal at Adelaide so you should be very proud.

Oops

Also, does anyone know if my offer will be upgraded to unbonded later on? Does it happen for tertiary transfers?

Thank you!! Super excited!!! :D

I would say it is highly likely you will upgraded. :) Has been a trend in past years to upgrade a large number of people in the first week of the term.

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
@Oops and @qwertqaz you might find that tertiary transfer students would rarely if ever be upgraded from BMP to CSP because there aren't really many people that decline tertiary transfer (because all those with tertiary transfer are already at Adelaide and thus Adelaide is their #1 preference).

Offer: No
ATAR: 99.95
Umat: 91
Special considerations: none
Interstate: no

I really thought with these scores I'd be offered a place, I thought my interview went pretty well. I wonder what I said that was such a deal breaker..

jb112

Lurker
Hi guys, long time lurker first time poster here. Its been a long to road to get here.

I received an offer letter via email this morning for adelaide MBBS (bonded).

GPA: 6.85
UMAT: 93
Adelaide uni student
Interview: I thought was subpar. But grateful for offer. :)

Good luck to all still waiting!

I thought they only consider GAMSAT? A bit confused here hahah .. have you finished your uni degree?

DDest

UAdel BDS III
Offer: No
ATAR: 99.95
Umat: 91
Special considerations: none
Interstate: no

I really thought with these scores I'd be offered a place, I thought my interview went pretty well. I wonder what I said that was such a deal breaker..
Sometimes, I too wonder if the things I said during the interview were that bad? Am I that bad of a communicator or do I have bad ideas...

Oops

I thought they only consider GAMSAT? A bit confused here hahah .. have you finished your uni degree?

qwertqaz, is talking about Adelaide Uni. They do not accept graduate entry. qwertwaz was a tertiary transfer (transferring into medicine from another undergraduate course at Adelaide uni.). The GPA is based on the first 1-2 years of the undergraduate course they are completing, as they have not graduated with a degree they must undertake the UMAT in contrast to the GAMSAT.

Hopefully that makes sense aha.

essentially, because no one who applies through tertiary transfer is likely to reject an offer (already at The Uni and can't apply anywhere else without moving interstate), does that mean that tertiary transfer offers are impossible to come by in latter rounds. And also upgrades from bonded to non bonded. Asking for a friend

MedAd1

Lurker
essentially, because no one who applies through tertiary transfer is likely to reject an offer (already at The Uni and can't apply anywhere else without moving interstate), does that mean that tertiary transfer offers are impossible to come by in latter rounds. And also upgrades from bonded to non bonded. Asking for a friend

I wouldn't necessarily say that. It goes by a ranking system for both high school leavers and tertiary transfers- the only difference being the ATAR is substituted for a GPA. If you rank high enough for a second round offer then you'll get a second round offer, regardless of if you're a tertiary transfer I'd assume.

As for upgrades from bonded to non-bonded, it's again to do with the ranking. They need a certain amount of people bonded and generally as the later round get offered bonded, those from earlier rounds will get upgraded. Generally the majority of first round offers are unbonded and as the offer rounds progress they become more bonded. I wouldn't stress about bonded/non-bonded though, it's one year at any point within four or five years of completing your degree. Rural has a lot of perks.

I wouldn't necessarily say that. It goes by a ranking system for both high school leavers and tertiary transfers- the only difference being the ATAR is substituted for a GPA. If you rank high enough for a second round offer then you'll get a second round offer, regardless of if you're a tertiary transfer I'd assume.

As for upgrades from bonded to non-bonded, it's again to do with the ranking. They need a certain amount of people bonded and generally as the later round get offered bonded, those from earlier rounds will get upgraded. Generally the majority of first round offers are unbonded and as the offer rounds progress they become more bonded. I wouldn't stress about bonded/non-bonded though, it's one year at any point within four or five years of completing your degree. Rural has a lot of perks.

I was under the impression that Adelaide Uni had a quota for tertiary transfers (10-30 or something) and wasn't like JMP where standards and non standards go into the same pile. Because if GPA was equivalent to Atar for rankings there'd be at least an equal number of standards to non standards