Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Anyone studying med at uwa in 2011?

zehffro

hey pple! anyone studying medicine in uwa in 2011? would like to know more people around before orientation begins! anyways, i'm daniel from singapore. perhaps this thread could allow us to mingle around first!

Benjamin

ICU Reg (JCU)
Emeritus Staff
Posting the thread in one place will probably work well enough. Just maybe not at 12:30 at night.

Calice

yea i am, but im 3rd year.. got any questions post them..

ps

finish your fahb essay
at least

1 hour prior to its due date
for heavens sake
lets all eat some cake

PS you're probably older than me so dont be offended

alwinl

Welcome to UWA.
Important fact: skip international orientation - endless waffle about a)horrible consequences if you fail (deportation) b)horrible consequences if you breach your visa conditions (also deportation) c)horrible consequences if you skip classes (lies) d)horrible consequences if you fail to ride a bike with a helmet (they get a real police-lady in to tell you this one) etc.etc. Do however, go to the lunch where they tell you how racist Australians are. The talk is shit BUT the catering is good.
Important fact no.2: when looking for accommodation, find a place with A/C or you WILL DIE.
Important fact no.3: drop bears are dangerous.
Quick spam: Join SPINRPHEX on O-Day.
That is all.

Benjamin

ICU Reg (JCU)
Emeritus Staff

Seriously, Alwinl isn't kidding. You won't find any information on them though because the governing board for Australian Tourism deletes any pages that give specifics... On a completely different note that has absolutely nothing to do with how drop bears attack, you should avoid walking underneath any trees at nighttime - it's terribly bad luck in Australia.

alwinl

More important fun facts about UWA. It's just over the road from King's Park where murdered people keep turning up. And the occasional bush fire.

Hi Daniel,

Local offers don't come out till 19th January, so we don't yet know where we will be (keeping my fingers crossed though!!). Congrats on getting into UWA :)

chinaski

Welcome to UWA.
Important fact: skip international orientation - endless waffle about a)horrible consequences if you fail (deportation) b)horrible consequences if you breach your visa conditions (also deportation) c)horrible consequences if you skip classes (lies) d)horrible consequences if you fail to ride a bike with a helmet (they get a real police-lady in to tell you this one) etc.etc. Do however, go to the lunch where they tell you how racist Australians are. The talk is shit BUT the catering is good.
Important fact no.2: when looking for accommodation, find a place with A/C or you WILL DIE.
Quick spam: Join SPINRPHEX on O-Day.
That is all.

--> Pool Room.

zehffro

heyy hopeful_89! thanks! i do hope that you'll get the offers too :) it's been hell of a year trying to get myself in. so don't give up hope as yet!

Last edited:

alwinl

SPIN is the rural medsoc but you don't have to be rural to join. Plus its FREE!
So we do stuff like SPIN camp (which is quite unlike WAMSS camp in that there's less drinking and more learning - in addition to phleb, we had some interns and RNs come over and do canulation, dry dressings, IV drips, dental workshops etc. at last years camp), Royal Flying Doctor Service info nights, rural med conferences (both in-house and subsidies for national conferences), a handful of workshops on mental health etc. and some outreach programs to rural areas. And we always have PIZZA.

alwinl

Is this the pool room at Charlies or is my complete lack of slang-vocab making me look like an idiot?

This is in reference to chinaski because I have 0 computer skills and couldn't figure out how to quote.

Calice

lol omgosh is chinaski a uwa grad??!?!
pool room in clinical common room!! pre clinical's get the chair in the common room covered by a thousand years of male semen (smell it) jks
and the disgusting microwave covered in dry pasta sauce

lol

chinaski

Chinaski, be nice to the internationals! They probably haven't seen The Castle yet..
Sidenote: All internationals planning to come to Australia should go and watch The Castle, The Dish and the plethora of other great, classic Aussie movies before setting foot in Australia.

"MBBSII" denotes two years wasted not seeing The Castle. ;)

zehffro

this sounds like fun! what's the castle? i was in perth the whole of last year and yeah whats it all about?