Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Anyone studying med at uwa in 2011?

zehffro

lol omgosh is chinaski a uwa grad??!?!
pool room in clinical common room!! pre clinical's get the chair in the common room covered by a thousand years of male semen (smell it) jks
and the disgusting microwave covered in dry pasta sauce

lol

lol. that sucks big big time. why in the world is the chair covered in semen?

Benjamin

ICU Reg (JCU)
Emeritus Staff
"MBBSII" denotes two years wasted not seeing The Castle. ;)

QFT. Also because I laughed so hard I almost choked on my nectarine that I'm eating.

this sounds like fun! what's the castle? i was in perth the whole of last year and yeah whats it all about?

The Castle is an amazing Australian film, I don't want to say any more as I can't do it justice... just watch it. Actually, you probably won't like it that much.. but any real Australian knows and loves it.

Last edited:

alwinl

In my defence, I have seen the Dish. And it's only been one year in Perth, MBBS II denotes next year, so I've only been here a year, during which I have seen Needle which is filmed at UWA, specifically the incredibly awesome St. George's College, which by the way, is the place to be if you want to kick ass at med. The plot involves the usual group of one times jock, l two times lesbian eye-candy, one times nerd, one times token minority, one times wholesome protaganisit and love interest being murdered by supernatural means. I mostly watched it to see some people make out on one my fellow-Collegians bed and the subsequent disgusted look as he realised that they had used his bed.

Our pre-clin common room is shit because by the time anyone gets to be anyone in our local medsoc, they get the nice shiny clinical common room at the hospital and can't be bothered changing the furniture. Also, there are a heap of random textbooks in the med common room, all of which are dentistry books. But who cares, the Scibary is a much better place to use a common room anyway - good memories of booking a group work room and plugging in my laptop to watch a movie in HD glory.

zehffro

ahhh. sounds pretty interesting. anyways.. i have this burning question. should i or should i not stay in the residential halls. cos currently i have an apartment in the city. but i figured it'd be better to have people ard from the same course so should i require help, it's there!

alwinl

St. George's College FTW
But you probably won't get in now since most of the places have already been filled and you'll be competing against a waiting list of around 200 for the last 20 spots. Also minus points for already having a place in the city. The other colleges have less rigorous requirements for entry though and usually, a smaller waiting list.
Try for SGC though. We have an awesome med student support system including casual twice-a-week tutoring from the year above, tutoring from a 6th year full time tutor, lots of med students to ask for help, our own exam bed, sphygmomanometers, neuro kit, skeleton and basic textbook library.
Also, we're prettier than the other colleges although Trinity has better food.

Calice

zehffro

hahah. i need some time to get use to the medical terms and acronyms. anyways. i've alr submitted my application to st georges. i heard it's really good for med students from past year students. hopefully i get some news. and i heard st. cat's has the best food. unfortunately. i dont qualify.