Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Are mid terms a good indication of your final mark?

Lyncsta

We just had our first HUBS terms test, are my results for this test likely to indicate what I will receive in the final?

Also how long does it take for them to mark. Someone told me one week.

Thanks, Lync

Lego Man

We just had our first HUBS terms test, are my results for this test likely to indicate what I will receive in the final?

Also how long does it take for them to mark. Someone told me one week.

Thanks, Lync

Hey Lync,

That depends on your attitude to study. In short, no. But they do give you an indication as to how well you're keeping up with the course content. If you stay on more-or-less of an even keel for the rest of the year, it wouldnt suprise me if your final exam mark was +/- 5% of your terms test results.

If someone gets 100% on both of their terms tests and only just passes the final, they won't be awarded the same 100% grade for the paper as they scored in their terms tests. Conversely, I scored <10/25 for both of my terms tests and got 89% overall. I just upped my game for finals. As for marking, it usually takes longer than a week. There are ~1500 papers to mark, record and upload. 10 days minimum I'd say.

Also, the final includes content from all modules. Some people don't perform really well in Musculoskeletal or Neuro but make up marks with immune and endocrine because they find it more enjoyable :) I really didnt like neuro, but the immune system and endocrine was fascinating: those ones were easier to study for.

Good luck :)

-LM

Lyncsta

Hey Lync,

That depends on your attitude to study. In short, no. But they do give you an indication as to how well you're keeping up with the course content. If you stay on more-or-less of an even keel for the rest of the year, it wouldnt suprise me if your final exam mark was +/- 5% of your terms test results.

If someone gets 100% on both of their terms tests and only just passes the final, they won't be awarded the same 100% grade for the paper as they scored in their terms tests. Conversely, I scored <10/25 for both of my terms tests and got 89% overall. I just upped my game for finals. As for marking, it usually takes longer than a week. There are ~1500 papers to mark, record and upload. 10 days minimum I'd say.

Also, the final includes content from all modules. Some people don't perform really well in Musculoskeletal or Neuro but make up marks with immune and endocrine because they find it more enjoyable :) I really didnt like neuro, but the immune system and endocrine was fascinating: those ones were easier to study for.

Good luck :)

-LM

Alright thanks for the reply. It sucks waiting for the marks... the thought of getting a bad mark is so daunting.

Dinahlady

It depends - in HUBS I got higher in my final mark than in mid terms but in Chem and Physics I got lower.... I think CELLS I got about the same. It really depends on so many factors....

Dr's ABC's

In some ways. To future HSFYers, study for your midterms with a decent amount of effort, you'll save marks AND have already studied a lot of the content and be familiar with it before exams - certainly helpful!

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads