Auckland Auckland FY BHSc/BSc 2017 Chat

Discussion in 'NZ Entrance Discussion' started by robbieg93, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Kiwiology

Kiwiology Member

I did yes, I did as much as I could of that bloody kinetics question and didn't get halfway to the answer so just wrote "some marks please, my maths has failed me". Hey, I gotta ask right? :p

2. frootloop

frootloop Six years down, two to go Moderator

I'm fairly certain you can get in trouble (like, getting a zero for that exam type of trouble) for writing requests for special treatment on exam papers, so I hope you're kidding...

The marker will probably just ignore it, but you really shouldn't do that again.

3. Pump

Pump Member

Agree ... told throughout high school and 1st year that communication like that is prohibited and could easily results in a fail grade. I've put joke answers down when I had no idea of the question but never asked them for anything.

4. mythirdleg

mythirdleg Member

hahahahahaha lol, luckily the lecturers have taken a shining to you .... or that could've been a disastrous mistake. You'll be fine just don't do it again.

Edit by a Mod: Please do not mention other members' personal details unless they had provided them earlier on MSO. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2017 at 6:13 PM
  5. Kiwiology

Kiwiology Member

Well there you go ... can honestly say I've never been told that; and as for what I got told in high school and first-year uni, god that was so long ago (like literally almost 16 years and ten years respectively) I can't remember.

I had some horrid nightmare the other night I only got 50% in the bloody test, now obviously that's not going to happen but ugh, the terror of seeing that damn kinetics question, like the ONE question I just couldn't get my head around how to do, it was just ... the terror, like worst, terrible, most terror ever, not even fake news.

Been revising bloody embryology all week (and sleeping til lunchtime) ... ugh, embryology is ratshit ... interesting but ugh, the detail.

Need to give POP 111 some love too ... butter might help.

If any lurkers want to study next week hit me up.

6. Stuart

Stuart Active NZ Member

Hi,

I can't remember if it's against the rule to write notes etc on exam papers but you should certainly avoid communicating with the examiners. They certainly won't listen if you requested something. They could easily look at it as an attempt to violate some serious rules.

I once wrote down some questions/wrote notes to myself. That almost ended badly.

7. Kiwiology

Kiwiology Member

No more two-mark MCQs for BIO 107 this year; we now have two hours to complete 100 one mark questions.