Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Bond Medicine 2017

B2

What since when? Where does it say this?

For me, this information was provided to me during the briefing before the interview. They said that "they pick the top 100 interviews for school leavers" and top 20 for non standard applicants. However, this has always been the case and knew it from past discussions on MSO.

xmeliorax

is it 100 school leavers and 20 non standard? i wasnt told this in my interview, but since they increased the places from 100 to 120, and previously it was 80 school leavers and 20 non standard, so i was hoping the number of places for non standard would also increase?

B2

is it 100 school leavers and 20 non standard? i wasnt told this in my interview, but since they increased the places from 100 to 120, and previously it was 80 school leavers and 20 non standard, so i was hoping the number of places for non standard would also increase?

Yes, 100 school leavers and 20 non standards is what they are aiming for this year - no increase in the non standard quota

xmeliorax

Yes, 100 school leavers and 20 non standards is what they are aiming for this year - no increase in the non standard quota
haha well that sucks for me then :(
although im pretty sure they said it was basically a 50:50 chance, and from what i could see they were interviewing 60 non standards...

Does anyone know how Bond calculates GPA ?

my GEMSAS weight GPA is 6.5 , would that be the same for bond ?

You can call QTAC and they will tell you what your GPA was calculated to be. Mine was exactly the same as it was on my transcript, so I am guessing they don't really alter it if it is a finished degree. Last year when I applied to bond my most recent degree wasn't complete so they combined my marks with another completed degree I had.

Last edited:
You can call QTAC and they will tell you what your GPA was calculated to be. Mine was exactly the same as it was on my transcript, so I am guessing they don't really alter it if it is finished. Last year when I applied to bond my most recent degree wasn't complete so they combined my marks with another completed degree I had.
I did call they said they dont give out GPA !!

Paul Kim

Hmm I called admission center (not the bond medical school admission, general admission I think) like a week before the first interview, and they told me, bond medicine faculty do look at your GPA and Interview score when selecting their applicants, so the GPA isn't just a hurdle. However they never tells the admission center what the ratio is (1:1? or 2:1? no one knows..) but he also mentioned they put more emphasis on the academic score though.

Just sharing information :)

Last edited:
How is everyone going with the wait? I can't stand it, I'm so nervous and excited. It is getting very competitive at Bond, crazy high GPAs in my group- straight 7/7's or near. I wonder if next year, or those following if everyone will need to have a straight 7 to just get an interview? It seems to be the same with ATRS/OPs..

B2

How is everyone going with the wait? I can't stand it, I'm so nervous and excited. It is getting very competitive at Bond, crazy high GPAs in my group- straight 7/7's or near. I wonder if next year, or those following if everyone will need to have a straight 7 to just get an interview? It seems to be the same with ATRS/OPs..

haha I am struggling with the wait. ATAR cut off this year was a 98.0. GPA cut off seems to be around 6.5 so its not too bad. What are you doing in the mean time?

Rissa11

OMGGGGGG my status changed on QTAC!! It now says "You have satisfied the entry requirements", praying that this is the same as previous years and that an offer is coming.

Is this an actual fact? Like is this true? We are all so fragile right now. Don't mess with our emotions guys... :eek:

IS THAT ACTUALLY TRUE BECAUSE MINE HAS CHANGED AS WELL?

I hope so, I am pretty sure it is true but ultimately it is not over until the fat lady sings. When you look at the last two years of Bond med threads all of the people that had their QTAC status changed to "satisfied the entry requirements" from "QTAC is yet to determine" in the few days before the offers came out officially, got in. See below-

bond 2016 | Page 5 | Med Students Online
Bond Med 2015 | Page 5 | Med Students Online

MildTurtle

I hope so, I am pretty sure it is true but ultimately it is not over until the fat lady sings. When you look at the last two years of Bond med threads all of the people that had their QTAC status changed to "satisfied the entry requirements" from "QTAC is yet to determine" in the few days before the offers came out officially, got in. See below-

bond 2016 | Page 5 | Med Students Online
Bond Med 2015 | Page 5 | Med Students Online

I think it is true because for some people it says 'Entry Requirements: Not Satisfied' and under interview it says "This year applicants selected for interview were of an incredibly high cailbre. In this instance you were not competitive for a place in the program and it is unlikely that you will be offered a place in the next offer round."

If this is true, congratulations guys!