Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Crazy Medic

So I've just started a blog about my journey through medical school, although it is a bit late considering I'm in my fourth year now. Here's a quote from the blog itself on why I started to blog:

''I'm not quite sure why I chose this particular time to start a blog, maybe it is because my medical degree will start to get interesting soon. Or maybe I am just avoiding the revision I am supposed to be doing for my upcoming exams. What I do know is that I would like this blog not just to be a vent for my thoughts and feelings, but something which might just make you think, even stimulate conversation and once in a while will hopefully put a smile on your face.''

Crazy Medic

Hope you enjoy :)

miss_universe

muse.
Emeritus Staff
Good stuff, have you thought about copying the blogs onto your MSO blog page?

Have been intending to write an article on feedback since I started the blog and my upcoming exam 'feedback' or results as most people would say reminded me to do so.

Crazy Medic: The Feedback Revolution

Hope you enjoy :)

PS anyone know how to upload a blog to the MSO blog page, had a look but couldn't see an obvious way. Thanks miss_universe for suggesting it

Another update today, for those of you with exams looming this might help. Here's e first paragraph, then click on the link for the rest.

This may sound really simple but some of my most productive time is spent when I am disconnected. I don't just mean disconnected from the Internet, I mean pull out those headphones find a quiet place where no one will come and distract you and get to work. This may sound simple but time after time my friends come back from late night library sessions and when I enquire as to how it went, they tell me all about the latest gossip and how many funny YouTube videos they watched.

http://crazymedic.blogspot.co.uk/

A bit of an ethical post today, concerning who should have to pay for healthcare. In the UK we are lucky to have the national health service, but with recent reforms things might soon be changing. Here's the first paragraph the follow the link below.

With the sweeping NHS reforms, the question of who should pay for our healthcare is being asked. Along with public health campaigns this has been fuelling the debate as to whether people who make themselves ill should pay for their healthcare. There is a compelling argument for those who believe that if your actions damage your health then you should foot the bill for the consequences. With reports suggesting that societies three greatest vices are costing 16bn/yr; smoking costs the NHS £5bn/yr, alcohol costing £6bn/yr and obesity costing another £5bn/yr. This accounts for about 15% of the £106bn budget, I have to say I do question the sources of these figures but it gives a rough idea. One of the big problems is establishing cause and effect, smoking is an interesting example where cause and effect are clearly linked but are grey around the edges.

crazymedic.blogspot.co.uk

Sorry I have been quiet for a while, I've had to finish off my paediatric project. Onto allergy and immunology now so maybe a few articles focussing on that area. Anyway, before I finished paediatrics a nephrology registrar kindly sat me down and gave me a brief overview of nephrotic syndrome. I've always been confused by it so it was nice to have it summarised for me. Hope it helps.

Crazy Medic: Nephrotic syndrome in 3's (mostly)

Chronic Fatigue - I'm a believer

Although chronic fatigue does not strictly fall under immunology, one of the consultants in the department has a special interest in chronic fatigue. When he offered me the chance to sit in on one of his clinics I can't say that I was particularly excited, I thought I was in for a boring afternoon. The truth was far from it, I actually enjoyed my time in the clinic and came out with a very different viewpoint of chronic fatigue.
Crazy Medic: Chronic Fatigue - I'm a believer