Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

CSU Interview Offers for 2013 Entry

Articuno

I didnt even get to do the mirror or teeth exercise?

the cat

I didnt even get to do the mirror or teeth exercise?

How come??!!! Do you think you went well overall though?
What about station 3....did you get to do the wire loop thing? How did that go?
Maybe you were too good, they decided to test you no more?!

mighty

[MENTION=5638]Havox[/MENTION], was the deletion of those posts was necessary? The interviews had already been finished by that stage (afaik). CSU only does one round of interviews in late Nov/early Dec.

barsorce

If I commence my first year of University in a course and apply for Dentistry again during my University year, will they count my atar or my gpa?

miss_universe

muse.
Emeritus Staff
As far as i am aware as soon as you start a university degree they count your GPA.

I also think this is correct.

mrtooth

Hey,
I was wondering how many students from CSU dental science course, did clinical science before? Also, How many of them did transfer after year 1, year 2, year3? How do they select student after year 1? (Is it like ATAR=50, GPA=50, Application = 50)?

I got 99+ atar, and I would like to do Clinical science and then transfer after first yr to dent.? Do you rkn i should take the risk by doing clinical science (70 atar) which is known as "dentistry pathway"? This way i dont have to do GAMSAT .

I'm going crazy about my uni preferences, thinking about this decisions all the time....i would appreciate it if you could help me....I would love you forever <3 lol

Hutcherson

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
We have about 2-3 students in every year who transferred from clinical science. And normally a mixture of year 1/2 & 3. But undertaking the clinical science pathway won't guarantee a transfer. Criteria wise it is the same as any other non-standard applying :)

mrtooth

Thanks Hutcherson <3,

Lets just say you wanne do dentistry and you HATE tests like GAMSAT while you achieved a good atar...
What would you do if you were in my shoes?

mighty

Start a degree and keep doing the UMAT. Apply to all universities. Do work experience etc and other things to improve on applications. If you achieved a 99+ ATAR you should be eligible for Griffith dent and possibly also La Trobe. Have you applied for them?

mrtooth

I hate UMAT too..:p haha but I'll try to do it next yr..:)
Griffith dent requires high 99, which i didn't get..:\ La Trobe dent requires yr 12 Biology which i didn't do..:mad:
I have do done so many work experiences and this yr I failed CSU interview as i think i didn't convince them I wanne move to ORange and do dent at csu....Also, most of the people finished one degree already, and i was the only school leaver that day.

So now im thinking if i do clinical science, they hopefully see how much i want this, and get me a spot next yr or the year after....(with high gpa)
But again there is no guarantee that they will choose me....So I'm really sacred that im going to waste all my high school effort on a degree which only required atar of 70....
I'm going to risk it all and do clinical science next yr and hope for the best & hope to get into dent next yr.

Would you do the same ?

ps, thank you for replying <3

miss_universe

muse.
Emeritus Staff
Thanks Hutcherson <3,

Lets just say you wanne do dentistry and you HATE tests like GAMSAT while you achieved a good atar...
What would you do if you were in my shoes?

You could take a Gap year and reapply to all the unis (the ones who do not require the UMAT).

To increase your chances of getting into dentistry though, I would suggest doing the UMAT and applying to ALL the unis.