1. MSO strongly supports marriage equality for same-sex couples. We believe that this will lead to better outcomes for all Australians. #voteyes
    Dismiss Notice
  2. MSO wishes all year 12's sitting their final exams the best of luck. May your pens never run out and your pages never stick.
    Dismiss Notice

Date Stamp- James Cook University Application

Discussion in 'Medicine Entrance' started by LessMedHopeFull, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Grapes

Grapes New Member

Hello,
    Has anyone still not received their confirmation? I am getting a bit worried...

2. gnaf

gnaf Member

Me!

Edit: Just checked my email again and I received it yesterday! I should be more thorough...

Grapes, maybe you missed the email like I did? Or check auspost tracking if you registered for express post?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  3. Grapes

Grapes New Member

Gnaf, what time did you receive the confirmation yesterday?

I have checked both my email and Australia post (it was delivered on the 3rd of October) - I haven’t received anything and I am getting really worried. Anyone else in the same situation?

4. biom

biom Regular Member

Perhaps give jcu a call?

5. gnaf

gnaf Member

Hey Grapes!

At 11:24am (12th Oct). Mine was delivered on the 5th though to Douglas, QLD. Since yours was delivered earlier than mine (I'm from VIC though), perhaps give JCU a call like biom suggested?

All the best!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  6. Leaf247

Leaf247 Member

Like others have said, give JCU a call. Mine was also delivered on the 3rd, however they sent a confirmation email on the 6th.

7. kjz

kjz Member

I haven't received the email as well. Have contacted them and was told not to worry at this stage because they were busy of processing the applications. However, they advise if not received by the end of this month, should contact them.

8. FlyingAce

FlyingAce Member

Kim Jong Un's Adviser
    I emailed them on the 12th regarding my application and was told not to worry. I received an email on the 13th confirming my application had been received.

9. Dogukan Kayhan

Dogukan Kayhan Member

Guys I need to ask whether I'll receive an int. Offer from JCU with an ATAR of 99.30 + medium/strong application?

10. LMG!

LMG! Moderator! Moderator

UMATmbassador!
    How do you know your written application is medium/strong? Is this your own subjective opinion?

Your ATAR is certainly very competitive, but it's impossible to know how your written application will rank. I'm not sure there's any way we can guess your chances, and we certainly can't confirm/deny them categorically.

Best of luck.

Dogukan Kayhan likes this.
  11. Dogukan Kayhan

Dogukan Kayhan Member

Haha, cheers for the response. Yep, it is my own subjective opinion :p, I just have a feeling it's pretty strong idk why, but time will tell the truth :)

LMG! likes this.
  12. Cuzzy

Cuzzy Member

For those who are worried about their applications- they're still in process of sending the emails out (Just received mine)!

13. kjz

kjz Member

Which state are you from? Just curious about the order they process the application. A lot of people here who received the email earlier are interstates. I received on Tue and am from QLD.

14. Dogukan Kayhan

Dogukan Kayhan Member

I'm from NSW and received a confirmation on the 5th of october