Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Dentistry at Uni Melb Graduate Access

kelknight

Lurker
Hi All

I am aspiring to get into Densitry at UoM. I am eligible for the graduate access program and heard that it is a different ranking pool you are pulled out of in comparison to non-graduate access appliers. I was just wondering if anyone had been through the process and knew what a competitive GPA would be for the GA program?

I am wondering whether to do honours or not to increase my GPA but if it is already high enough to be competitive within my 'pool' I guess there's no point.

Thanks

DDest

UAdel BDS III
Hi All

I am aspiring to get into Densitry at UoM. I am eligible for the graduate access program and heard that it is a different ranking pool you are pulled out of in comparison to non-graduate access appliers. I was just wondering if anyone had been through the process and knew what a competitive GPA would be for the GA program?

I am wondering whether to do honours or not to increase my GPA but if it is already high enough to be competitive within my 'pool' I guess there's no point.

Thanks

Not sure if it is okay to reference a website other than MSO or university/university admissions websites, but you can find some more information about UoM Graduate Dentistry entry on PagingDr.

From a brief search of the website, some GPA/GAMSAT scores and type of offer received posted in the 2017 dentistry offers thread are:

GPA | GAMSAT | Offer Type
6.86 | 63 | FFP
6.65 | 60 | FFP
6.56 | 65 | FFP
6.88 | 65 | FFP
6.88 | 70 | CSP
7.00 | 71 | CSP
6.90 | 71 | CSP
6.81 | 70 | FFP
6.35 | 65 | FFP
6.78 | 75 | CSP

Note: FFP: full-fee paying; CSP: commonwealth-supported place