Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Does La Trobe only require UMAT?

ginger

I am physio atm , after working for around 1 year, now i wanted to do dentistry. My GPA is not very good, like around 4.8 out of 7, i no most of the uni all require at least 5.0 to enter.

but i heard La Trobe univesrity do not require gpa , but only a high UMAT to enter. is this true? someone please send me a link to the official website.

cheers

miss_universe

muse.
Emeritus Staff
Offical uni website: Dentistry, La Trobe University

They require a high ATAR/GPA as well according to the site. VTAC -> La Trobe dentistry might be another place to find out info.

justmed

2013 Dent at La Trobe will be very competitive as over offered this year 2012 and were deferred for 2013....

miss_universe

muse.
Emeritus Staff
2013 Dent at La Trobe will be very competitive as over offered this year 2012 and were deferred for 2013....

True, but they will still accept some places.

Calem

Ol' Man River
True, but they will still accept some places.
If you were wanting latrobe specifically, I wouldn't be cut if you didn't get in this year at all.
I suppose if you had a REALLY good UMAT, Pi and ATAR you might get in. Hard to tell, I get the feeling they look at each non-standard case separately.

miss_universe

muse.
Emeritus Staff
I agree with mighty. Someone wrote that La Trobe article for a reason, so I urge you and everyone else to look at the articles first.

pi

Junior doctor
Emeritus Staff
I've heard from someone there that there will probably be ~10 places available to metro applicants, so expect the ATAR cut to be quite high into the 99s :/

miss_universe

muse.
Emeritus Staff
I agree, especially with the over offering- scholarships award thing that went on, la trobe is going to be tough this year!

pi

Junior doctor
Emeritus Staff
Yes I did! :D