Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

First Year Example Timetable

beej247

Hi all,

Was just wondering if there were any first year BMed JMP students out there who were willing to post their academic timetable just so we have an idea of what to expect should we be lucky enough to get a place. Unfortunately I need to start thinking about this sort of thing in order to get things ready at work before then.

Thanks in advance.

-ben123

I don't know about UNCLE but here at UNE, we don't get one weekly timetable which you just follow for the whole semester- each week is different. We get a 'master timetable' at the start of the semester for all the weeks, which have different hours. Personally, i kinda like it because you're not stuck in the same pattern each week but I know its quite hard for people trying to look for work, etc.

Jordan

I'm at UoN and it's the same deal. Every week changes but there are definite patterns. A regular week might look like;

Monday - 4 or 5 lectures between 8 and 6
Tuesday - maybe a tutorial or anatomy. Histology in second semester.
Wednesday - Closing PBL tutorial for 3 hours. Different times for different groups.
Thursday - a tutorial of some description, public health in first semester
Friday - Opening tutorial (3 hours semester 1, 2 hours semester 2).

You'll also have hospital tutorials which are all over the place for different groups. It tends to average out at about 15-20 hours a week in first semester and 12-14 in second semester.

beej247

Soooooo first years. I'm so jealous I didn't start this semester, but i deferred and will be starting at UNE next year.

Would anybody be willing to share their master timetable for the year/semester (personal details removed of course) so that I can get my life into order before I jump off the deep end.

Will need to start looking for a job soon, and it would be great to know what ill be able to manage to work next year.

If anybody could help me out i would be indebted to you forever!!!!

Cheers,

Ben

edward220196

I have spoken to someone at UADEL who says they have lectures from 8-5 everyday, and no lectures recorded, sounds pretty full on. Can anyone at UADEL comment, as I have heard different things.

edward220196

Ahh that is nice to know lectures are recorded. So does that make contact time around 18 hours? How many hours of study do you do when you get home each night?

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads