Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Gamsat advice

blackandwhite

To all that have experience with sitting Gamsat, I have just registered for the March 17 test, giving me roughly 3 months to prepare. Do you have any tips to maximise prep efficiency (anything that particularly worked for you, prep tactics to avoid...) in the relatively limited time I have to prepare?

I have done an undergraduate degree in physiology so I have a fairly solid biology/chem background, but not so much physics, as I haven't touched it since high school.

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
To all that have experience with sitting Gamsat, I have just registered for the March 17 test, giving me roughly 3 months to prepare. Do you have any tips to maximise prep efficiency (anything that particularly worked for you, prep tactics to avoid...) in the relatively limited time I have to prepare?

I have done an undergraduate degree in physiology so I have a fairly solid biology/chem background, but not so much physics, as I haven't touched it since high school.

My advice is this:

GAMSAT is a exam limited by time rather than difficulty (as is the UMAT). This basically means that you need to be able to finish everything ahead of time when you practice. Also, while you might need some background knowledge, it's a test of reasoning rather than a test of knowledge, so focus on that skill rather than memorising facts.

Other than that, no idea, my prep for the GAMSAT consisted of doing one practice essay for Section 2 before the exam (and several years of undergraduate entry medical school). I don't think there are many active members on MSO who have done the GAMSAT and scored well. @Perplex might be the other person to ask about this.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads