Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

[Grad] GAMSAT preparation help

kawr

Im going to be doing Bachelor of interior design at UTS and hopefully get into graduates entry of Doctor of medicine in USYD, but sincr my course has nothing science related and GAMSAT got questions related to chem/physics i assume
But is there ways i can do these subjects that would help me with GAMSAT or how..?

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
Im going to be doing Bachelor of interior design at UTS and hopefully get into graduates entry of Doctor of medicine in USYD, but sincr my course has nothing science related and GAMSAT got questions related to chem/physics i assume
But is there ways i can do these subjects that would help me with GAMSAT or how..?

Just study the appropriate subjects outside of university. You don't actually need to have those university subjects on your academic record to know them well enough to do the GAMSAT; you also don't need to know those subjects to the depth of university level; just the relevant sections of it to a good enough level so that you can answer some reasoning questions. Similarly, the GAMSAT has a lot of humanities related content, so students who do science often will have to prepare for the humanities content in GAMSAT outside of university.

kawr

Just study the appropriate subjects outside of university. You don't actually need to have those university subjects on your academic record to know them well enough to do the GAMSAT; you also don't need to know those subjects to the depth of university level; just the relevant sections of it to a good enough level so that you can answer some reasoning questions. Similarly, the GAMSAT has a lot of humanities related content, so students who do science often will have to prepare for the humanities content in GAMSAT outside of university.
That is true, thankyou :)

GV

You're actually in a little bit of luck - USyd as of this year has changed the way they calculate GAMSAT scores. Section 3 (science) is now not doubled weighted, which means as long as you pass it you can excel in S1 and S2 to earn a decent score.

As Mana has mentioned though you really don't need to study specific subjects to do well. Does it help? Sure. But it's not necessary. Just put in the work and my biggest tip is to spam as many questions as you can, over time you will begin how the test writers wrote the questions and begin to reverse engineer to answer them.

All the best!

- GV

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads