Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Guide to the Assignment subforum

Benjamin

ICU Reg (JCU)
Emeritus Staff
Welcome to the assignments subforum!

The assignments subforum is a new addition to MSO and hopes to provide assistance to students either currently studying medicine/dentistry or still in highschool and hoping to get an offer. It is important that you understand that this is not a forum where other students will complete your work for you, rather it is a place where you can get feedback or guidance to help improve on the work you have already done.

When submitting a piece of work for feedback or guidance we ask a few things:
  1. Include either the criteria sheet or a direct copy of the question in mind - assignment topics are often similar throughout universities and highschool but usually have a specific goal, without knowing that goal our guidance may be incorrect.
  2. Post the attempts you have made and what you are having trouble with - attachments have been enabled for all users in this subforum with this in mind, the preferred format being word documents.
  3. Highlight the due date for your assignment or draft.
  4. Be clear about the level of feedback you want - if you want someone to check for grammatical errors, help with sentence structure or readability this is vastly different from asking for someone to critique your thesis. If you are not clear you may get too little or too much feedback.
Initially, replying to posts with assessment feedback will be limited to certain members who have volunteered their time. This is primarily because too much feedback from multiple sources can be overwhelming and that we want to ensure that the feedback is coming from a source with prior experience in the topic. This will likely be changed in the future for easier accessibility but in the meantime if you wish to be a part of this team then PM me and we can discuss it further.

sammy04

Welcome to the assignments subforum!

The assignments subforum is a new addition to MSO and hopes to provide assistance to students either currently studying medicine/dentistry or still in highschool and hoping to get an offer. It is important that you understand that this is not a forum where other students will complete your work for you, rather it is a place where you can get feedback or guidance to help improve on the work you have already done.

When submitting a piece of work for feedback or guidance we ask a few things:
  1. Include either the criteria sheet or a direct copy of the question in mind - assignment topics are often similar throughout universities and highschool but usually have a specific goal, without knowing that goal our guidance may be incorrect.
  2. Post the attempts you have made and what you are having trouble with - attachments have been enabled for all users in this subforum with this in mind, the preferred format being word documents.
  3. Highlight the due date for your assignment or draft.
  4. Be clear about the level of feedback you want - if you want someone to check for grammatical errors, help with sentence structure or readability this is vastly different from asking for someone to critique your thesis. If you are not clear you may get too little or too much feedback.
Initially, replying to posts with assessment feedback will be limited to certain members who have volunteered their time. This is primarily because too much feedback from multiple sources can be overwhelming and that we want to ensure that the feedback is coming from a source with prior experience in the topic. This will likely be changed in the future for easier accessibility but in the meantime if you wish to be a part of this team then PM me and we can discuss it further.
hey , i was working on my biology osmosis practical. to establish a relationship between mass change and concentration. i am in year 13 right now, havent done biology before. Could you have alook at my asssignment and let me know if theres any significant scientific error or suggest some improvements for me to get a top score please? p.s- i havent really finished the assignemt yet

Benjamin

ICU Reg (JCU)
Emeritus Staff
hey , i was working on my biology osmosis practical. to establish a relationship between mass change and concentration. i am in year 13 right now, havent done biology before. Could you have alook at my asssignment and let me know if theres any significant scientific error or suggest some improvements for me to get a top score please? p.s- i havent really finished the assignemt yet

Hi Sammy,

Sorry, I didn't see this earlier! For sure we can help out, but I think it's probably better if you make sure a full draft is written or you have specific questions before I start trying to. If you don't want to post the entire thing online with the above requirements - i.e. criteria sheet + draft + amount of feedback you want then you always PM it to me and I will address key points here in this post.

sammy04

Hi Sammy,

Sorry, I didn't see this earlier! For sure we can help out, but I think it's probably better if you make sure a full draft is written or you have specific questions before I start trying to. If you don't want to post the entire thing online with the above requirements - i.e. criteria sheet + draft + amount of feedback you want then you always PM it to me and I will address key points here in this post.
hey thannnkkss sooo much, i actually submitted it before You messaged. but its okay because a daunting nutrtion assignment - diet anlaysis ahead. I might need some solid help with that :D

Great thread you made about assignments. About time.

For sure many students struggle with their assignments. Good to be able to share bits and tips here.

Hi guys,

I'm a yr12 SACE biology student. I got a really strict biology teacher this year and I have a prac investigating the effect of temperature on enzyme activity that is due on Friday! :(

We used catalase from liver and H2O2.

I need at least 3 errors of each systematic and random... Here are the ones I have so far (I have made them more specific and sophisticated in my report)
Systematic:
1. The vernier oxygen sensor was on a slant -> resisted air molecules from entering it and negatively skewed the data
2. The presence of oxygen inside the conical flask before the catalytic reaction occured -> this initial oxygen level contributed to the rate of reaction

Random:
1. Surface area of liver -> liver was minced with hand and lead to inconsistent surface area exposed to substrate

Can I please receive some help in my errors :( :(

I just need 1 more systematic error and 2 more randoms...

Thank you my life savers!!!!!

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads