Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

how many people take the umat each year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dra

How many people sat the UMAT08?

Does anyone have any rough idea?
I know there were at least 1,500 in Brisbane, counting both sessions. How about at the other test centres?

zvyx

Trivial info on Sydney UMAT today - apparently 3300 people sat the exam today, I actually would have thought there would have been more......;)

from page 5 of the How did you go thread by Amygdala.

I'm guessing Syd/Melb have similar amounts of people - 2x 3300 - 6600
Brisbane/Adelaide with 2k each - 2x 2000 - 10400 so far
Canberra/Perth/Darwin/Hobart with 1k each - 4x 1000 - 14400

Round it up to nearest thousand - 15k?

dra

from page 5 of the How did you go thread by Amygdala.

I'm guessing Syd/Melb have similar amounts of people - 2x 3300 - 6600
Brisbane/Adelaide with 2k each - 2x 2000 - 10400 so far
Canberra/Perth/Darwin/Hobart with 1k each - 4x 1000 - 14400

Round it up to nearest thousand - 15k?

And then there's Auckland and Dunedin, and plus all the tiny centres. Let's just say that adds 5000 more. Haha, the more people the happier I am.

Aldarion

o_O so how do they get the percentile ranking? Do they include the NZ population as well?
Jeez if they do, the chance of me getting in the top 10% will be extremely low :(. lol anyway nice to know that im competing against 20000 people.

DaveT

o_O so how do they get the percentile ranking? Do they include the NZ population as well?
Jeez if they do, the chance of me getting in the top 10% will be extremely low :(. lol anyway nice to know that im competing against 20000 people.

Actually assuming everyone is of the same intelligence more people would mean that you have a better chance of getting into the top 10% however intelligence is not constant or even proven to be helpful in the umat and so more people means that there may be more competition, end of the day its about the same amount of difficulty 10,000 or 20,000 doesn't really matter.

Amygdala

Speaking with one of the supervisors at the Sydney venue, they said in total there is about 20K all up. Which seems reasonable considering the two sessions in Sydney had ~1650 in each and then taking into account OS and everything else, quite a significant amount, with ~10% actually becoming doctor's......:(

woozy

Speaking with one of the supervisors at the Sydney venue, they said in total there is about 20K all up. Which seems reasonable considering the two sessions in Sydney had ~1650 in each and then taking into account OS and everything else, quite a significant amount, with ~10% actually becoming doctor's......:(

Sydney had closer to 1700, yeah i spoke to invigilators aswell.

b3y0nd

from what ive heard, its 18 000 this year. Also got to remember ACER runs the UMAT in London, Singapore(or something) and some other international places. These students are also competing for placements too...

theangelofdarkness

International Member of Mystery
Emeritus Staff
...Remember that those people MAY not be applying to Australian universities. IIRC, at least one university in the UK uses UMAT as a selection criteria.

Wow, that's so much - so much competition, I really need to retake it next year T.T... Also, which university in UK uses UMAT and what is IIRC?

SASOL

Do they calculate your percentile out of all the people sitting it, or just out of the people who sat it at the same venue as you?

Status
Not open for further replies.