Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Hsc :|

Dr.Merp

1337 h4X0r
i did question 25 and question 28
q25 was envrionment
and 28 was protection policy!
dude ur comment made have a super quick panic attack and i just ran down stairs to double chek i didnt do the questions from the same section!! dont scare me like that.. :p

My bad sorry :)

i did protection and inequality

magicfreak

Chemistry was tricky. Zzzz I picked up all my stuff off my desk, including my identification photo. Those are meant to be left in the room. I don't know what I should do...

Dr.Merp

1337 h4X0r
English ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ DONE
Ext1 maths ~~~~~~~~~~~ DONE
Ext2 maths ~~~~~~~~~~~ DONE
Economics ~~~~~~~~~~~ DONE
Chemistry ~~~~~~~~~~~~ DONE
Physics ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :(

adomad

Chemistry was tricky. Zzzz I picked up all my stuff off my desk, including my identification photo. Those are meant to be left in the room. I don't know what I should do...
I hope you left your answers on the table... :s identification photo? well bring it tomorrow for physics/ur next exam.

Luxxey

Yeah chem was harder than in previous years. That titration question was huge. Calculation and method. :/

Luxxey

I did, because we know the acid and base being titrated. Though if you just said "add indicator, add acid until permanent colour change, etc." I think that's fine, seeing as it's an 8 marker.

In the MC I blanked on whether methyl orange went from red-yellow or yellow-red.. thank God I picked the right one haha.

rulerofhell

gulls' calendar minion
Do you think we had to suggest an indicator?

Definitely...

I can't believe I screwed up industrial chem... complete mental blank at the sodium chloride electrolysis question, be lucky to get anything more than 2/5
And had no idea about that hydrogenated ethylene Q. But other than that I reckon I did okay... aim raw mark: 85+/100 hopefully scales to mid 90s lol

Last edited:
Definitely...

I can't believe I screwed up industrial chem... complete mental blank at the sodium chloride electrolysis question, be lucky to get anything more than 2/5
And had no idea about that hydronated ethylene Q. But other than that I reckon I did okay... aim raw mark: 85+/100 hopefully scales to mid 90s lol

for the hydronation of ethylene.
i think its an addition reaction.
and to test, we test for decolourisation of bromine water

ugh. for the reagant A: i put sodium hydroxide. I dont know why ): i saw the potassium on the soap and wrote sodium lol.

yanyan

ahhaha yeah i forgot the colour range for methyl orange but scraped it in there...i found MC quite tricky (compared to most years) but industrial was more or less a gift.

rulerofhell

gulls' calendar minion
I managed to make up some equations which were half right for that question and remembered the anode equation for chlorine which hopefully scrapes me 2/5 :p

And yeah that q seems so obv now!! I put in the addition reaction for second part of that q but stupidly somehow said C2H4 + H2 ---> C2H6 which was a thermal cracking reaction in my head... :p

Luxxey

Um.. for the question on the monitoring of DO and BOD levels.. when it said "natural ways" did it mean natural waterways or natural methods? :/

My friend said she took it as natural methods of analysis, but that didn't work out seeing as most of her tests was chemical.

adomad

I did, because we know the acid and base being titrated. Though if you just said "add indicator, add acid until permanent colour change, etc." I think that's fine, seeing as it's an 8 marker.

In the MC I blanked on whether methyl orange went from red-yellow or yellow-red.. thank God I picked the right one haha.
Yay. haha yeah. i sorta forgot that one as well.

adomad

Um.. for the question on the monitoring of DO and BOD levels.. when it said "natural ways" did it mean natural waterways or natural methods? :/

My friend said she took it as natural methods of analysis, but that didn't work out seeing as most of her tests was chemical.
What's a natural method? throwing leaves into the water and testing for BOD? I think it's talking about water in a natural environment such as a river/lake

yanyan

wait did it ask for testing bod and do? i thought it just asked why it needs to be monitored in natural ways

Luxxey

Yeah "natural ways" doesn't make sense when you think about it in terms of tests. Must have been a misprint of "natural waterways", but I think most people should have worked it out.

So don't worry yanyan, didn't need tests haha.