We don't know how Unsw marks interviews, whether by percentages out of 10 or 100 or whatever. But if true to the words they wrote to us the scores will be standardised (same as ATAR & UMAT) so doesn't really matter. The estimated percentage given in the email is chance of getting a place not interview score. However see my explanation below I think we can *roughly* relate it to the percentile of one's interview score. IMO you are absolutely spot on. Since Unsw already knows the place cutoff and your ATAR & UMAT, if coupled with max intv score they already can tell whether that would or would not get you a place. It doesn't make sense to say getting the maximum interview score gives you >X% chance. I kinda think Unsw wrote like that to avoid any legal challenges. The real meaning of that is more like: If Unsw were to put 100 typical from low to high intv scores into a bag and draw one out for you, you have >X% chance it combines with your ATAR/UMAT to above the cutoff. Make sense? Thus I approximate it to the percentile of your interview score (i.e. >70% chance means 30%ile+ score). (Writing this in a hurry, will edit if I can think of better ways to describe).