Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

JCU Med application 2015

Hollasino

Hello guys

I just read the "Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery Information for 2015 Entry" online booklet, and under the
important dates section, it says that the interviews are held in December and beginning of January... so does this mean your interview offer is soley based on your PREDICTED academic form and your written application?

So there will be no more interview offers once the real ATAR is released?
I'm very disheartened because I still have not recieved an interview offer from James Cook Uni. :( :unsure:

24 October 2014, 4pm
Prediction of Academic
Achievement (PAA) form to be received by the
College of Medicine and Dentistry

2 - 11 December 2014

December interviews held at
JCU Townsville Campus
19 December 2014
Queensland Year 12 results
released to students
8 - 9 January 2015
January interviews held at JCU
Townsville Campus

15 January 2015
QTAC offers released to applicants
22 January 2015
Last date to respond to QTAC
January offer round, applicants must respond to
QTAC
5 February 2015
QTAC offers released to applicants
12 February 2015
Last date to respond to QTAC
February offer round, applicants must respond to
QTAC
16 February 2015
Orientation Week begins
23 February 2015
JCU Academic Year begins
These dates may vary, please check this information
in December.

Kind regards

Hey there! Don't freak out, there is still hope yet.

So the December interviews have all been made, and most of them have already happened. They were based on your predicted ATAR and your written application.

However, they have January interviews which do take into account your actual results! If your real ATAR is higher than your predicted ATAR and you have a strong application the you could get an interview in January. Hope this helps!

Hollasino

Thank you Frozenfriend for giving me hope!
My ATAR score is released in January the 15th as I'm a NZ student, hopefully I can still get a chance!

Hollasino

Hello guys!
I have some questions about the interview, how do you demonstrate why you choose JCU over other universities?
"especially JCU focuses on rural, indigenous and tropical medicine so any passion that you can demonstrate towards these areas"
What is a good way of expressing your passion for rural or tropical health?
Are there other ways of expressing why you want to go to JCU without saying "because I love tropical health" ?
(I live in a rural area in NZ btw, so I've love the rural lifestyle, but i haven't had much emphasis on tropical or torres strait health)

Also, how do we answer a question like this: "How can you contribute to our university?"
Are they asking for social contributions or medical contributions?
What are some social groups at JCU that I could contribute in?
Is that what they want to know? i.e choir, band, art group, med students association?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads