JCU Medicine + Dentistry 2018

Discussion in 'James Cook University' started by Gemsik121, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Gemsik121

Gemsik121 Member

Student
    Hey Guys!!

There doesn't seem to be any threads for entry to med + dentistry for the upcoming year, so decided to make one myself. I am not really sure about whether we submit 2 written responses for medicine and dentistry or just submit one as they will be essentially the same? If we are to submit two separate responses, is it acceptable to have same content for each? For example, changing the word doctor to dentist and vice versa. I seemed to find contradicting information in this matter.

Similarly, the application forms in JCU website seems to be for entry to 2017, so does anyone have any idea as to when the new response questions will be up in JCU website. Also, I am currently doing Maths Methods (previously known as Maths Studies in South Australia). Is that equivalent to the prerequisite Maths B?

Apart from the aforementioned questions, any general tips on JCU med from those who got accepted last year or before, will also be highly appreciated. For example, what kind of information was in the letter of recommendations and who did you guys get to write the letters.

2. LMG

LMG Regular Member

Clinical Psychologist
    @Benjamin might be able to help you out with this later, but in the meantime, here is a thread that might answer your questions (authored by Ben, also). There's definitely a discussion of your first question. Unfortunately, I don't think we have any current JCU regulars here at MSO at the moment.

JCU Admissions, lifestyle, workload and anything else you want to know | Med Students Online

ETA: I also recall someone only in the last week or so discussing the Maths Methods -- Maths B conundrum. I'll see if I can find that.

Found it!! It's on the second page of this thread: Year 11 and 12 Subject Selection | Page 2 | Med Students Online

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    B2 likes this.
  3. Gemsik121

Gemsik121 Member

Student

Thanks LMG :) :) I am quite new in this forum, I was wondering if u are aware of any forum regarding past JCU interview question, if yes, would be super grateful if u can link me

4. LMG

LMG Regular Member

Clinical Psychologist