Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Minimum GAMSAT for Rural student!

RRRR

Hi guys,
I'm preparing to sit the GAMSAT for next year. I'm a Rural student, what's the minimum GAMSAT required for entry into medicine (anywhere in Oz)?

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
As far as I'm aware, there is no quantifiable, isolated minimum GAMSAT cut-off for rural (or any) students. Your GPA and, if applicable, the strength of your written application, are also factored in. Someone with a higher GPA or written application can perhaps be competitive with a GAMSAT score at the lower end of the scale, and vice versa.

You'd be best served having a look at past years' offer threads over at Paging Dr, which is a grad med dedicated forum. Most of the information we have here is undergrad med specific. At Paging Dr you could trawl through the offer archives for each year and see what kind of scores (GPA and GAMSAT) successful rural applicants were reporting. I've certainly done this myself! It's inspiring/terrifying though :)

RRRR

Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately, when I try to register for the Paging Dr forums, the website generally says my verification answers are wrong, even though I know they're right.

For example one answer was 6 AM.
I tried 6, 6:00, 6 AM, 6 Am and neither worked. What's the trick?

acbard9

Auckland MBChB
Hmm what was the question? I, too, had to try a few times for one of the questions, but this must've been a while ago. Have you tried "six"?

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately, when I try to register for the Paging Dr forums, the website generally says my verification answers are wrong, even though I know they're right.

For example one answer was 6 AM.
I tried 6, 6:00, 6 AM, 6 Am and neither worked. What's the trick?

Paging Dr have (or, at least, used to have) 'opening hours' for new membership sign ups. I can't remember what they were but if you try during business hours, that should cover it.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads