Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Multiple offers

Uni offers received: UQ, Flinders
Interview offers, UNSW and Monash
Interview received, but no offer yet, Adelaide
Atar 99.95 or w/out bonus 99.65
Umat 98, 198
Located ADL, local student

Still have not decided which offer to accept and planning for interviews at UNSW and Monash, am unsure how to treat current place offers can I accept multiple offers in different states until I finalize decision? Thanks

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
Uni offers received: UQ, Flinders
Interview offers, UNSW and Monash
Interview, no offer yet, Adelaide
Atar 99.95 or w/out bonus 99.65
Umat 98, 198
Located ADL, local student

Still have not decided which offer to accept and planning for interviews at UNSW and Monash, am unsure how to treat current place offers can I accept multiple offers in different states until I finalize decision? Thanks

Please post your offer in the offers thread!

You can accept multiple offers in multiple states until you finalise your decision.

You are able to accept one offer at a time per state (so hypothetically you could accept six different offers at the same time). Obviously, in the end, you are only able to do one of them, so it is important that once you have made your decision that you withdraw from all the others as soon as you can. You will not be charged a fee at any of them until the census date (which is different for each university and which you should check). However - you should decline/withdraw offers for places you know you will not accept as soon as possible for several reasons:
1. It's nice to the next applicants waiting for a spot
2. It often takes time to withdraw from universities especially if you have enrolled and you don't want to be enrolled at a university you aren't going to be attending by Census date - otherwise you will be charged the full fee of the course AND you will have a fail mark recorded on your academic record - this is Very Bad™.

It is reasonable for you to take some time to decide which of these offers you would accept, and then decline the others, as long as you aren't stupid about holding all the offers until the last moment.

You have plenty of time to decide, relax. It will work exactly the way you want it to provided you aren't silly enough to hoard multiple offers from multiple states until close to the census date - decline them way before it.

Please post your offer in the offers thread!

You can accept multiple offers in multiple states until you finalise your decision.

You are able to accept one offer at a time per state (so hypothetically you could accept six different offers at the same time). Obviously, in the end, you are only able to do one of them, so it is important that once you have made your decision that you withdraw from all the others as soon as you can. You will not be charged a fee at any of them until the census date (which is different for each university and which you should check). However - you should decline/withdraw offers for places you know you will not accept as soon as possible for several reasons:
1. It's nice to the next applicants waiting for a spot
2. It often takes time to withdraw from universities especially if you have enrolled and you don't want to be enrolled at a university you aren't going to be attending by Census date - otherwise you will be charged the full fee of the course AND you will have a fail mark recorded on your academic record - this is Very Bad™.

It is reasonable for you to take some time to decide which of these offers you would accept, and then decline the others, as long as you aren't stupid about holding all the offers until the last moment.

You have plenty of time to decide, relax. It will work exactly the way you want it to provided you aren't silly enough to hoard multiple offers from multiple states until close to the census date - decline them way before it.
Wow, you guys are just amazing, appreciate the prompt response. Ok thought all of above was possible, nice to have double checked. Totally agree the quicker the decision is made re choices a spot is made available for others. And likewise, we are waiting on adelaide offer. With an average completed interview in Adl, what do you think of chances of a later round offer? And what would really qualify as a totally bombed interview, Cheers

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
With that ATAR and UMAT you would stand a very strong chance at a second or later round offer (of course highly dependent on interview performance).

Hard to say what would qualify as a bombed interview without breaking the rules of what I am allowed to say - however, I will say that interviews are based on RANK - you have to interview well compared to other people rather than just obtaining a high score. I would estimate that if you interviewed better than 40% of the other interviews at Adelaide, then you will receive an offer soon.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads