Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Stuck on these question, have solution but don't understand

tod

I don't know how to attach images so ive just uploaded them. I cant remember what the solution for the second one was
Q1.
fv6wpc
Screenshot
solution is D. Just dont know why

Q2.
4z5Vy

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet <-This is a link

Last edited:

nira

yeah no there must be some fault in the pick the middle, because it doesnt work

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
what pattern did you get for the pick the middle

I got E.

Pattern was grey triangle moving one space each time. Dot alternating between two forward, one back.

Am sitting in drs surgery post allergy injection though (waiting to see if anaphylaxis is about to set in), so maybe not the best conditions for doing this, and am therefore not guaranteeing my answer!!

What pattern did you get?

nira

I got E.

Pattern was grey triangle moving one space each time. Dot alternating between two forward, one back.

Am sitting in drs surgery post allergy injection though (waiting to see if anaphylaxis is about to set in), so maybe not the best conditions for doing this, and am therefore not guaranteeing my answer!!

What pattern did you get?
The pattern works for the grey triangle. Moving one at a time but if doesnt work for black circle does it?. ACEDB doesn't work for the black circle.

Jordy

There are four lines in four different quadrants in the first one.

A|B
----
C|D

The first row is the starting row. The first change occurs when the lines in quadrants A & B rotate. The second change occurs when quadrants B & C rotate. I'll post up a detailed explanation later when I have time.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
The pattern works for the grey triangle. Moving one at a time but if doesnt work for black circle does it?. ACEDB doesn't work for the black circle.

I get BCEDA using the pattern I described.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator

A|B
----
C|D

The first row is the starting row. The first change occurs when the lines in quadrants A & B rotate. The second change occurs when quadrants B & C rotate. I'll post up a detailed explanation later when I have time.

Please do!!

Sherlock

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Okay I think the answer for second pick the middle might be E and the pattern ACEDB. First of all, the answer cannot be A or B because they are identical, in other words, they must be first and last. Now, if you assume A is the first one, if you look at grey triangle, the next logical steps are CEDB, one step each time.

With the black dots, from A to C, it goes 2 movements in clock-wise direction, and then C to E, 1 step backwards and from E to D, 2 steps anti-wise direction. From D to B, it goes 1 step backwards again. Which is why I think the pattern is ACEDB and the answer E.

Edit:
I think that's too complicated and probably wrong tbh.

Edit 2:
When I map it out, the answer can only be C or E.

Last edited:

DDest

UAdel BDS III

A|B
----
C|D

This guy has got it. Essentially think of each line as having an axis of rotation around the middle of it such that it rotates around that point. Rotating each line segment by 90 degrees leads to the answer D