Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Studying medicine

annt_4

Hi there everybody!

First of all Happy New Year!

I just wanted to ask those students who are currently studying medicine, what is it like to actually be doing the course?
Things like, what uni are you studying at and how their course is structured. When do you go on placements? Do you do clinical experience weekly? What is clinical experience/placements actually like? Etc.

How many hours you spend on campus per week. How do you manage your time?
How do you study?
What sorts of support does the university offer?
How different years and stages of the med course differ?
What you find most/least interesting, or most/least challenging, etc?

I'd just like to really build an idea of what it is like to be a medical student, so I hope you don't mind answering my questions, or if you have any other thoughts that I haven't directly questioned above. You don't have to go into too much detail if you can't or don't want to. Also, you don't have to answer all questions.
Any help at all is really very appreciated!!

Cheers.

Texila

Hi there everybody!

First of all Happy New Year!

I just wanted to ask those students who are currently studying medicine, what is it like to actually be doing the course?
Things like, what uni are you studying at and how their course is structured. When do you go on placements? Do you do clinical experience weekly? What is clinical experience/placements actually like? Etc.

How many hours you spend on campus per week. How do you manage your time?
How do you study?
What sorts of support does the university offer?
How different years and stages of the med course differ?
What you find most/least interesting, or most/least challenging, etc?

I'd just like to really build an idea of what it is like to be a medical student, so I hope you don't mind answering my questions, or if you have any other thoughts that I haven't directly questioned above. You don't have to go into too much detail if you can't or don't want to. Also, you don't have to answer all questions.
Any help at all is really very appreciated!!

Cheers.

Hi,

It is nice to know that right from now you are preparing yourself to get into med school. I would like to know where are you planning to pursue your medical studies i.e. at your hometown or in some other country.

Every med school follows different strategies. Don't worry about all that. Just do your best.

All the best

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads