Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UQ The University of Queensland International Student 2017 Dentistry offer

frootloop

Doctor
@mighty and @Hutcherson are both recent CSU dentistry grads who are still around on here occasionally - hopefully they'll be able to answer your questions about CSU student life next time they're on. Also if you look around the forums here (or even on mighty or Hutch's blogs) I'm sure someone will have written up a couple of posts on what life is like at CSU.

Congrats on your Griffith offer, by the way! If you've got in there and managed to get an interview at CSU, you must have some pretty decent grades behind you!

Out of interest, do you mind if I ask why you're looking at studying dentistry in Australia rather than at home in Canada or the US?

Thanks, I'll definitely take a look at their blogs.

Yeah not bad, I just completed my BSc and definitely did a lot better in the last couple years GPA wise.

No not at all! I had a lot of interest in CSU mainly because of their focus on rural and regional healthcare. In my opinion and based on the research I've done, there isn't a school in Canada that focuses on those dynamics quite like CSU does. Also the fact that you get 5 years of hands on experience is pretty awesome. The dentists that I've shadowed and spoken with all emphasized the importance of manual dexterity. So, I think that by attending CSU I'll be able to build those skills over the 5 years and be a more effective/efficient dentist. As for the states, the few schools that are international friendly don't have much focus on rural healthcare. Based on that, I don't think those schools were really right for me.

waves

I was recently accepted in to Griffith's dental program for 2018 and I have an interview for CSU's dental program commencing in 2018 coming up. I was just wondering if you guys knew anything about CSU and how the student life (ie. extracurricular activities) is there? CSU really jumped out at me and seems to be the right fit for me considering their emphasis on rural and regional healthcare. I also read that CSU focuses a lot on gaining hands on experience and problem based learning. Just wondering what your guys thoughts are? If any lol.
hello,Just wondering how your interview with CSU went? I have mine coming up soon and I'm really nervous.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads