Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UMAT 2016 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamster

Dental Moderator
Emeritus Staff
Hi Everyone,

This is a general post-exam discussion thread for the UMAT 2016 exam.

If you're reading this before the exam - all the best for tomorrow and if you're reading this after you've completed it - it's over and done now! Relax and enjoy yourself for a bit.

Guest members which are reading this forum, please feel free to make an account. I promise you that we're a friendly community that don't bite (much) with vested interests and similar goals.

More than likely, discussions will be primarily held (initially at least) through the forums chatbox *also referred to as the hatbox* found here: http://medstudentsonline.com.au/forum/taigachat/

Remember, make an account to join in on our discussions :)

Again, all the best for UMAT 2016.

pi

Junior doctor
Emeritus Staff
Just my 2c. Post-mortem dissections of exams rarely do anyone any good. To add to this, be mindful of people who haven't sat the exam yet. Not just from your area, but also those from different time zones who may have an hour or so to pour over AN, BoS and MSO. Any advantage is an unfair advantage, and you're just hurting yourself.

My last piece of advice is, if all else fails, be that guy in 2009 who apparently poo'd their pants and kept on going, distracting hundreds around them and putting their med school ambitions above their dignity, their self-worth, and their olfactory senses. If someone around you does that, it's probably Dazzy.

Gl all.

D

Dazzy

EVERYONE to be safe just talk about it on Friday lol
or maybe we can talk about it in the umat classroom :)

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
Just for anyone needing a laugh post UMAT:

I put Pokemon GO Lures up at the Sydney UMAT test centres today half an hour before the UMAT. (I'm not even sitting it this year.)

Proof

pi

Junior doctor
Emeritus Staff
Hope everyone did well today! Even if you feel you didn't do your best, I'll say two things. Firstly, most people probably feel that way too. And secondly, the UMAT is a funny test, I definitely surprised myself on the day of results. Chin up and smash yr12!

Just for anyone needing a laugh post UMAT:

I put Pokemon GO Lures up at the Sydney UMAT test centres today half an hour before the UMAT. (I'm not even sitting it this year.)

Proof

Da real MVP. Can you post a screenshot of your top pokemon by CP too plssss

Mana

Administrator
Hope everyone did well today! Even if you feel you didn't do your best, I'll say two things. Firstly, most people probably feel that way too. And secondly, the UMAT is a funny test, I definitely surprised myself on the day of results. Chin up and smash yr12!

Da real MVP. Can you post a screenshot of your top pokemon by CP too plssss

Sure. As requested:
6kzNwSS.jpg

Quacks

MBChB VI
Someone's addicted to more than just MSO ;)

Sherlock

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
My day started early, woke up at 5 am and couldn't fall asleep again. Got off the bed at 5:40, did the usual and travelled for 2 hours 15 mins to get to the venue. On my way to the venue, I went through some of my vocab cards. Felt fairly good early on. Took about 30 mins nap in the car. Got into the test centre at 8:50 am. Finished at 12:35 pm. Got out, had chat with some my friends who thought the exam was hard and time was a concern for them. I felt pretty good about the test. Had lunch and came back home. Got home at 3:20 pm. Long day but a good day overall and hopefully went well with UMAT. Now the anxious wait till the results.....

Last edited:

Sammy2011

Woke up at 5am to travel there at 8am as requested. I went through and did S1 first, spent 1 hour 30 minutes on that and took my time to figure things out. Smashed out S2 in 30 minutes (strongest section), then spent the remaining time on S3. Ended up having to blind fill in the last 7 S3 questions as I ran out of time, but not too worried about that.

Left the exam and was amazed at how many parents were hanging around. The girl next to me started sobbing once they said pencils down, and there seemed to be a lot of upset people on the train out of Homebush. I'm feeling pretty confident in S1 and S2, hoping I can at least pull a 50 in S3. I'm non standard but happy to try again next year if all else fails, along with GAMSAT. Just wish results would come out sooner!

Mana

Administrator
Mm. Post-UMAT, the venue is usually not a great place to hang around if you thought you did badly. However, if you felt you did well, it certainly makes you feel good about yourself seeing other people who probably didn't do as well as you.

Sammy2011

Oh gosh, you couldn't have paid me to hang around! I was in the morning session, so I had to fight through the gathering pm crowd to get out, all of whom were anxiously peering at our faces trying to get a read haha.

Mana

Administrator
Ah right, did you notice the Pokemon GO lure I dropped?

Also, I reckon you could have got a really good reaction out of them if you had just said something along the lines of "it was really, really hard, lots of people were crying in there"

Sevda

Hey guys. I attended UMAT without any prepration, actually I have no idea about S1,S2,S3. As I did not notice any sections in the question notebook. I answered half of the questions all by chance as I was running out of time. I found it a really nonsense way of selecting students. I am a doctor already and have a PhD and I feel ridiculous sitting for UMAT . There should be some exceptions for us.

Mana

Administrator
Hey guys. I attended UMAT without any prepration, actually I have no idea about S1,S2,S3. As I did not notice any sections in the question notebook. I answered half of the questions all by chance as I was running out of time. I found it a really nonsense way of selecting students. I am a doctor already and have a PhD and I feel ridiculous sitting for UMAT . There should be some exceptions for us.
Surely if you are a doctor who could complete a PhD then a simple psychometric test should be a breeze for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.