1. UAC and VTAC first round offers have been released! Please do this short, 2 minute survey to help us collect data about cutoffs - best of luck to all! MSO UAC/VTAC Survey here For those who haven't yet filled in our SATAC/TISC survey it is still available here
    Dismiss Notice

UMAT paper- Solutions needed, pls help

Discussion in 'UMAT Question Discussion' started by 1409, Jan 10, 2017.

1. 1409

1409 Member

2. Mana

Mana a medical degree is the best UMAT preparation Administrator

Junior Medical Officer
  3. 1409

1409 Member

Hi Mana,

I just want to cross check my answers as there are no given solutions for this test, so I'm not sure if my answers are correct or not.

4. Mana

Mana a medical degree is the best UMAT preparation Administrator

Junior Medical Officer
    Why not publish your own answers here as a start then?

5. applecider

applecider Member

6. 1409

1409 Member

Thanks for ur help !

My answers from question 1 to 15 are:-
    1) c
    2) d
    3)c
    4)D
    5) c
    6) d
    7) d
    8) d
    9) c
    10) c
    11) a
    12) d
    13) E
    14) E
    15) E

pls cross-check so i can publish more :)

THANKS !!!

7. Look@meimBellaG

Look@meimBellaG Member

Hey 1409 - I'm not sure if I'm the most qualified person to respond to this (I haven't done any UMAT stuff in almost 2.5 years) but I'll give it a shot.

Q1. maybe a, not too sure
    The 'reflection of how William’s opinion of himself matches that of the public’s' is really discussed until the second paragraph.

Q2. a
    'Image and public perception were his two fundamental principles' - it's not implying he's really realistic, nor saying he's not got any morals. Could be that he is a good business man but I personally take on this is that his public image is linked to his self confidence

Q3. d
    His car is written to be like his bloody mistress - including to the reference that 'he barely remembered his mother’s name' shows he doesn't have that many personal relationships

Q4. e
    Number of elements in each box stays as 6

Q5. c
    Each ball is moving differently - black is going from LL => UL => UR => LR => LL; grey is flipping between LL => UR => LL => UR; black outline from LL => LR => UR => UL => LL

Q6. d
    Not recently planned; not part of the summit; coral sea looks to only be a small part of the planned project

Q7. b
    Tourist attractions are not mentioned in the paragraph as a main point; neither does improving Australia's image.

Q8. b
    Penelope is one of the first people Charlotte told about her pregnancy, they both seem to be quite happy to be together but bringing up pregnancy is a sore spot for Penny that caused an emotional response - nothing to suggest that Charlotte is more invested in the relationship or it cannot continue

Q9. b
    Maybe surprised but not nervous; b probably sums up the emotions best

Q10. d
    "I have never believed in the archaic notion that all women have to have children to be a complete person" dismisses a. B is unsupported. D sounds like the best answer.

Q11. d
    She seemingly was having a bit of a breakdown and needed a minute to regain herself. D best expresses the situation from our understanding

Q12. d
    Most logical - doubtful she would call her husband or straight out admit to Charlotte that she's been trying. Would most likely just want to recompose herself for her friend

Q13. b
    Ball 1 starts on LL - moves 1 corner at a time to UL => UR => LR => LL
    Ball 2 starts on UR - flips between corners to LL => UR => LL => UR => LL

Q14. c
    Each line moves one eight; then two eights; then three; then four. The two lines move in the opposite direction to each other.

Q15. c
    The whole object seems to be rotating by the eight rule again. First one eight; then two eights; then three; then four. Counter clockwise.
    Also the middle line in the stop symbol is rotating one eight at a time

Hope this is okay - not sure if they're right or not

1409 likes this.
  8. 1409

1409 Member

thank you so much, this has really helped :)