1. Congratulations to all who finished UMAT 2017!
    Dismiss Notice

UMAT paper- Solutions needed, pls help

Discussion in 'UMAT Question Discussion' started by 1409, Jan 10, 2017.

1. 1409

1409 Member

2. Mana

Mana Intern (UNDS MBBS) Administrator

Junior Medical Officer
  3. 1409

1409 Member

Hi Mana,

I just want to cross check my answers as there are no given solutions for this test, so I'm not sure if my answers are correct or not.

4. Mana

Mana Intern (UNDS MBBS) Administrator

Junior Medical Officer
    Why not publish your own answers here as a start then?

5. applecider

applecider Member

6. 1409

1409 Member

Thanks for ur help !

My answers from question 1 to 15 are:-
    1) c
    2) d
    3)c
    4)D
    5) c
    6) d
    7) d
    8) d
    9) c
    10) c
    11) a
    12) d
    13) E
    14) E
    15) E

pls cross-check so i can publish more :)

THANKS !!!

7. Hey 1409 - I'm not sure if I'm the most qualified person to respond to this (I haven't done any UMAT stuff in almost 2.5 years) but I'll give it a shot.

Q1. maybe a, not too sure
    The 'reflection of how William’s opinion of himself matches that of the public’s' is really discussed until the second paragraph.

Q2. a
    'Image and public perception were his two fundamental principles' - it's not implying he's really realistic, nor saying he's not got any morals. Could be that he is a good business man but I personally take on this is that his public image is linked to his self confidence

Q3. d
    His car is written to be like his bloody mistress - including to the reference that 'he barely remembered his mother’s name' shows he doesn't have that many personal relationships

Q4. e
    Number of elements in each box stays as 6

Q5. c
    Each ball is moving differently - black is going from LL => UL => UR => LR => LL; grey is flipping between LL => UR => LL => UR; black outline from LL => LR => UR => UL => LL

Q6. d
    Not recently planned; not part of the summit; coral sea looks to only be a small part of the planned project

Q7. b
    Tourist attractions are not mentioned in the paragraph as a main point; neither does improving Australia's image.

Q8. b
    Penelope is one of the first people Charlotte told about her pregnancy, they both seem to be quite happy to be together but bringing up pregnancy is a sore spot for Penny that caused an emotional response - nothing to suggest that Charlotte is more invested in the relationship or it cannot continue

Q9. b
    Maybe surprised but not nervous; b probably sums up the emotions best

Q10. d
    "I have never believed in the archaic notion that all women have to have children to be a complete person" dismisses a. B is unsupported. D sounds like the best answer.

Q11. d
    She seemingly was having a bit of a breakdown and needed a minute to regain herself. D best expresses the situation from our understanding

Q12. d
    Most logical - doubtful she would call her husband or straight out admit to Charlotte that she's been trying. Would most likely just want to recompose herself for her friend

Q13. b
    Ball 1 starts on LL - moves 1 corner at a time to UL => UR => LR => LL
    Ball 2 starts on UR - flips between corners to LL => UR => LL => UR => LL

Q14. c
    Each line moves one eight; then two eights; then three; then four. The two lines move in the opposite direction to each other.

Q15. c
    The whole object seems to be rotating by the eight rule again. First one eight; then two eights; then three; then four. Counter clockwise.
    Also the middle line in the stop symbol is rotating one eight at a time

Hope this is okay - not sure if they're right or not

1409 likes this.
  8. 1409

1409 Member

thank you so much, this has really helped :)