Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UMelb Dentistry

pokexiao

Hey, was wondering if i had a chance at the umat stream for melb uni with a wumat of 261. Checked out some earlier threads and all the cut-offs seem to be escalating. Also, does anyone know what the cutoffs are for the other streams for 07?
Furthermore, is it true that adelaide dent is totally dependent on interview, and umat and enter come into play only if interview scores cannot differentiate between applicants?

Well if that's the score after you double your section one....i'm not too sure...my friend who studies in melb med told me dent has cutoff at around 240...but that was before melb med stopped taking undergraduate medicine...so this year the cutoff may be pushed up due to melb uni not taking any more undergrad med

br00t

Furthermore, is it true that adelaide dent is totally dependent on interview, and umat and enter come into play only if interview scores cannot differentiate between applicants?

Yeah I read it was all interview, for more info read the 2009 admissions guide, found here: http://www.health.adelaide.edu.au/ugprograms/

Well if that's the score after you double your section one....i'm not too sure...my friend who studies in melb med told me dent has cutoff at around 240...but that was before melb med stopped taking undergraduate medicine...so this year the cutoff may be pushed up due to melb uni not taking any more undergrad med

I don't think Melb closing down undergrad med is going to influence dentistry cut offs.

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
It was already the highest cutoff course in the country anyway...

I don't think Melb closing down undergrad med is going to influence dentistry cut offs.[/quote]

Thanks for that info, in that case, hope it hasn't changed, cus i got around 260 as well...

thanh

highest cutt off in australia?? arent there courses with cut offs of 180+ in sydeney or something? i mean... med. 240 as in percentile addup or double percentile of section one as well?

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
It wouldn't be percentiles, it would be the raw scores with section 1 doubled.

I e-mailed UMelb dent, and they replied:

[FONT=&quot]"For 2007 the minimal UMAT was 190, while in 2008 the minimal UMAT was 204 and the minimal ENTER (separate to UMAT) was 96.25"[/FONT]

Do you reckon they're talking about normal or weighted UMAT? And if so, is this the UMAT stream, or the combined stream?

My UMAT was 193, and weighted was 256. UAI Estimate is around 99.05.
Are my chances of getting in like, zero, now?

the 204 should be weighted Umat....after doubling section 1..
well if they reply "minimum Umat", then that 204 should be the ENTER Stream....where u need lik....99.90 to 99.95 or sth lik that...to go with the 204 Umat

Howth

I e-mailed UMelb dent, and they replied:

[FONT=&quot]"For 2007 the minimal UMAT was 190, while in 2008 the minimal UMAT was 204 and the minimal ENTER (separate to UMAT) was 96.25"[/FONT]

Do you reckon they're talking about normal or weighted UMAT? And if so, is this the UMAT stream, or the combined stream?

My UMAT was 193, and weighted was 256. UAI Estimate is around 99.05.
Are my chances of getting in like, zero, now?

Might be best to reply and ask whether they are talking about the UMAT or WUMAT and whether they're talking about the ENTER stream or UMAT stream.

I'm almost certain those are the UMAT scores required, because WUMAT's of 190 and even 204 are exceptionally low cutoffs that would probably comprise around half of the applicants. Given they get thousands of applicants...

I'm pretty certain the 190 and 204 are after doubling section one...because for those scores u need ENTER of 99.95.....which is the highest score you can possibly get in VIC....so not a lot of people will get that score i guess

thanh

ohsorry didnt read the first post properly about it being the umat stream. but still =.= 190 raw is lol. not much easier lololl... did they mean raw? because i shall be quite the screwed with the 177raw slash 233 wuumat. oh man... could i get into the enterplusumat stream with enter of about 99.3-8 ish?

Howth

I'm pretty certain the 190 and 204 are after doubling section one...because for those scores u need ENTER of 99.95.....which is the highest score you can possibly get in VIC....so not a lot of people will get that score i guess

That would certainly make sense. But why would they mention the UMAT cutoffs and the ENTER of 96.25 in the same sentence if they weren't talking about the UMAT stream.

well i guess when they said minimum Umat they mean...the ENTER stream...since low Umat needs to be compensated with higher ENTER....and when they say minimum ENTER...it's talkin abt the Umat stream....since high Umat can compensate for low ENTER