Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UQ UQ Med Offers 2017

HZL

Any one here who graduated from Queensland and received an ATAR score? What were your subject scores, ranking and QCS score and the corresponding ATAR? What scores/ranking would I need for ATAR 99.90 or above? Is the QCS crucial (because my grade is very slack...)?

whatIsMed

Did anyone get into UQ with one of their UMAT sections below 50? I know this rule seems to have been abolished ages ago but am still kinda worried

Rafa

Did anyone get into UQ with one of their UMAT sections below 50? I know this rule seems to have been abolished ages ago but am still kinda worried
Here is a response I got in regard to this question:
UMAT Scores
Response By Email (Greg Ferris) (06/10/2017 10:56 AM)
Dear
UQ does not use the overall UMAT score provided by ACER. We use the aggregate of the three sub section scores. This rule is the same for both the provisional MD and the dental science applications.
Prior to the 2013 intake, there was a requirements for all three sections to have a minimum score of 50. Since 2103, this rule has been removed by UQ and there is no longer a minimum sub score requirement for UMAT results.
However, there is still a requirement of 50 for the sub section scores of the GAMSAT exam when applying for the graduate MD intake though GEMSAS. So, they are sometimes confused by people when reading the literature for our medical program.
I hope that this information has assisted you. If you have any further queries regarding the admission process, please feel free to contact our office again on Ph: (07) 3365 2203 or by email through [email protected].

Regards,

Greg Ferris
Admissions Officer (Medicine)
Admissions (Domestic Undergraduate)| The University of Queensland | St Lucia QLD 4072
Customer By CSS Email (rafaa Mikhael) (05/10/2017 11:36 AM)
Hi Admission,

Does UQ take UMAT overall score or an applicant has to get a minimum 50 in each section?

whatIsMed

Here is a response I got in regard to this question:
UMAT Scores
Response By Email (Greg Ferris) (06/10/2017 10:56 AM)
Dear
UQ does not use the overall UMAT score provided by ACER. We use the aggregate of the three sub section scores. This rule is the same for both the provisional MD and the dental science applications.
Prior to the 2013 intake, there was a requirements for all three sections to have a minimum score of 50. Since 2103, this rule has been removed by UQ and there is no longer a minimum sub score requirement for UMAT results.
However, there is still a requirement of 50 for the sub section scores of the GAMSAT exam when applying for the graduate MD intake though GEMSAS. So, they are sometimes confused by people when reading the literature for our medical program.
I hope that this information has assisted you. If you have any further queries regarding the admission process, please feel free to contact our office again on Ph: (07) 3365 2203 or by email through [email protected].

Regards,

Greg Ferris
Admissions Officer (Medicine)
Admissions (Domestic Undergraduate)| The University of Queensland | St Lucia QLD 4072
Customer By CSS Email (rafaa Mikhael) (05/10/2017 11:36 AM)
Hi Admission,

Does UQ take UMAT overall score or an applicant has to get a minimum 50 in each section?
Thanks a Lot! now I can just focus on my IB finals

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads