Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Vaccination Stuff

Riproot

-^(-.-)^-
Got all mine done this morning other than the TB skin test. Need to get to Campbelltown hospital at some stage to get it done. dTpa is often given free if you mention you are a health student/professional just depends on the clinic.

You may as well just get MMR again as individually the vaccines aren't free.
Where do you get free things??? I keep getting charged and I'm poor. as. FUCK.

But it looks like from the NSW Health student kit information that you don't need TB unless you're considered high risk (from the TB tool questions). Is that right?
Yeah, I'm not getting it done.
You only need it done if you were born before 1966 or in a high-risk country, or you traveled to one for over 3 months or something.

Dr Worm

@riprooot you need a better doctor. The uni ones have a good reputation.

Chill OUT guys.

dTpa is painless, your doc will gust give you the single dose booster.

You must have immunity for hep b demonstrated on serology, or you must have either a booster (if you've been vaccinated before) or the full course, and then demonstrated immunity (ie a blood test and results)

If you are negative for any of measles or mumps or rubella, you need MMR, either 2 doses 1 month apart, or one dose if that gives you a positive blood test.

You will want a copy of your results.

You can have all the shots in tandem, you don't need to finish one lot of vaccinations before starting the other.

The world will not end if you're not complete when uni starts. It won't. Most people won't be. They will go around late in the year to verify. This is not an urgent problem. You have to get your vaccines, but you don't have to go crazy about getting it done before uni starts.

That's right Daisy, the screening test will tell you if you are high risk and need TB screening. If you aren't, you don't need it.

Riproot

-^(-.-)^-
I need a fresh glass of better daughter.

[video=youtube;Tap2VT4AFqI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tap2VT4AFqI[/video]

Chill OUT guys.

You must have immunity for hep b demonstrated on serology, or you must have either a booster (if you've been vaccinated before) or the full course, and then demonstrated immunity (ie a blood test and results)

If you are negative for any of measles or mumps or rubella, you need MMR, either 2 doses 1 month apart, or one dose if that gives you a positive blood test.

You can have all the shots in tandem, you don't need to finish one lot of vaccinations before starting the other.

The world will not end if you're not complete when uni starts. It won't. Most people won't be. They will go around late in the year to verify. This is not an urgent problem. You have to get your vaccines, but you don't have to go crazy about getting it done before uni starts.

That's right Daisy, the screening test will tell you if you are high risk and need TB screening. If you aren't, you don't need it.
Okay. I'll go to the uni clinic. YAY!

Nimbus2000

So, the last time I had a dTpa shot was in 2009, so I'm thinking I'll need another one.

Same here! But I wasn't told I needed to get another one! (My forms all signed)

But it looks like from the NSW Health student kit information that you don't need TB unless you're considered high risk (from the TB tool questions). Is that right?

Yeah only need TST if you are have traveled more than 3 months in high risk countries or were born in one.

Daisy 6

Chill OUT guys.

Thanks [MENTION=8866]Dr Worm[/MENTION] : Actually, my vaccinations are nice and low on the "Med-related issues to panic about". Feel free to reassure me about all my other drastic-change-of-career anxieties though, there's heaps of them :)

Riproot

-^(-.-)^-

Nimbus2000

no one has told me anything!

:/, is your red card signed though? if you've got the proof for the dTpa (or whatever its called) show your GP, he/she should sign it - apparently the 2009 one that was given at schools WAS the adult one - it was timed to make sure that everybody would be >14 years old or soemthing so that we can get the adult dose (or something like that was what I heard - I was only half listening :/). If the officials have a problem with it, just go get another one - they'll give you time to complete the full dosage (if it requires more than 1 day to administer the full dose), as long as you have 1st dose... apparently.

Riproot

-^(-.-)^-
:/, is your red card signed though? if you've got the proof for the dTpa (or whatever its called) show your GP, he/she should sign it - apparently the 2009 one that was given at schools WAS the adult one - it was timed to make sure that everybody would be >14 years old or soemthing so that we can get the adult dose (or something like that was what I heard - I was only half listening :/). If the officials have a problem with it, just go get another one - they'll give you time to complete the full dosage (if it requires more than 1 day to administer the full dose), as long as you have 1st dose... apparently.
Okay, cool.

I'll go to the uniclinic tomorrow whilst I'm at uni. ^_^

Riproot

-^(-.-)^-
[OFFTOPIC]Bring food with you. Lots of food. [/OFFTOPIC]
Whyyyyy???

I'm getting breakfast/coffee/lunch with a friend at mac square when I'm supposed to be in Bio. ^_^

pgawk

Ekki múkk
Whyyyyy???

I'm getting breakfast/coffee/lunch with a friend at mac square when I'm supposed to be in Bio. ^_^
Oh, you should be good then. It was a long, long day. :p

Riproot

-^(-.-)^-
Oh, you should be good then. It was a long, long day. :p
Well... I'm skipping A LOT of it.

The guy was like "Yeah... Don't come to Bio or Chem if you did them in the HSC" so I skipped chem and will skip bio.

And he was like "Come to terminology" but I'm leaving early to go tutor. ^_^

Riproot

-^(-.-)^-

Riproot

-^(-.-)^-
IMO come meet for lunch. Other than prep for the party tomorrow night I'll be bumming around on res.
K...? Who will be there? Don't rape me!

Also, like, I'll probs want to go to the clinic at lunch or something.
But I might do that on Thursday.

Riproot

-^(-.-)^-