1. MSO strongly supports marriage equality for same-sex couples. We believe that this will lead to better outcomes for all Australians. #voteyes
    Dismiss Notice
  2. MSO wishes all year 12's sitting their final exams the best of luck. May your pens never run out and your pages never stick.
    Dismiss Notice

Will I get into JCU Dentistry?

Discussion in 'James Cook University' started by JordossM, Dec 18, 2016.

1. JordossM

JordossM Member

I believe we had 93 at the start of the year and we now have 86. Things change like people using it as a jumping off point into med, people failing (and dropping out if they decide it's not for them) and people repeating. They say 80, but likelihood is you'll have more than 80 in your intake.

2. kjz

kjz Member

The real figure you provided is much higher than that from QTAC stats. QTAC figures are: 102 offers, 76 accepted, 69 enrolled. Are there a lot of international students (i.e. 20+) in your cohort?

3. JordossM

JordossM Member

There's a fair few international students. I got my info for our intake from the 1st year coordinator and anatomy lecturer, so take that as you will.

4. acbard9

acbard9 Member

Hi there!
    Where did you apply to get dental volunteering abroad? (Congrats, and hope it's an awesome/fulfilling time :) )

5. toothfairy13

toothfairy13 Member

Hi dreytho97!

I'm going to Kenya! Are you considering volunteering abroad too? :)

6. acbard9

acbard9 Member

Oh yes super interested! I guess I can't go this summer (unexpectedly landed a research scholarship), but I'd so love to be able to do volunteer abroad :). I'm excited for you hahaha.

toothfairy13 likes this.
  7. toothfairy13

toothfairy13 Member

That's amazing!!! Congrats :) I'm excited for you too!

acbard9 likes this.