Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith Interview Offers are out!!!!

UMAT Veteran

Hey everyone, recieved a letter from Griffith today. Didn't get in AGAIN!!!!! (yet though). It says i have been placed on the waiting list (last year i got just a plain old REJECETION!). I got a UMAT overall of 58 (86%)this year ......Congrats to all those who have been offered an interview. Please post up what you got so that future applicants will have a pretty good indication of how they will fair.

Far out. The cut off has jumped MASSIVELY from previous years. They must be doing pretty well on their advertising!

Xtina

G'day UMAT Vet!

I know I'm gonna sound like a complete noob, but I thought Griffith only had graduate and year 12 pathways? As in, once you've started uni, you'll just have to wait til you finish your degree?

And fingers crossed that waiting list turns into an offer!

P.S. Apologies for the thread jack. :D

UMAT Veteran

G'day UMAT Vet!

I know I'm gonna sound like a complete noob, but I thought Griffith only had graduate and year 12 pathways? As in, once you've started uni, you'll just have to wait til you finish your degree?

And fingers crossed that waiting list turns into an offer!

P.S. Apologies for the thread jack. :D

Hey, that year 12 pathway is only for med. All Dent courses in QLD are undergrad and you can apply at any time in your life (whether your straight from year 12, already done a degree, half way through a degree or whether you 82 years old) provided you have met all the pre-req's of course.(yy)

Xtina

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up! But far out, you're right! That cutoff is pretty high! I got one for Adelaide (dentistry), but I don't think I would have gotten one for Griffith! Oh and hey, did you apply for Adelaide? Cause you should have gotten an interview too!

UMAT Veteran

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up! But far out, you're right! That cutoff is pretty high! I got one for Adelaide (dentistry), but I don't think I would have gotten one for Griffith! Oh and hey, did you apply for Adelaide? Cause you should have gotten an interview too!

Nah i was going to apply to Adelaide, but my wife is due to have our baby in early january, so i have changed my plans so tha we can be around family. So i am kind of only shooting for UQ or griffith cus all our family lives somewhere in between brisbane and the Gold Coast. Hopefully i get a second round offer and get in...either that or try again next year :)

Xtina

Nah i was going to apply to Adelaide, but my wife is due to have our baby in early january, so i have changed my plans so tha we can be around family. So i am kind of only shooting for UQ or griffith cus all our family lives somewhere in between brisbane and the Gold Coast. Hopefully i get a second round offer and get in...either that or try again next year :)

:) with your determination, you'll surely get in eventually
good luck

I know aye? I really hope it all works out!

Best wishes!

UMAT Veteran

how do they know our address? cause i don't think i actually gave them any of my contact details? would they contact me through uac?

You would have had to put in your postal details when applying to UAC or QTAC etc. that's how they get it to you.....oh and by the way. I am living in brisbane. So i might receive my letter before NSW People????Not too sure...Anyways, gotta go to work now. be back around 3am lol sucks.

add

It seems that the Griffith Dentisry Interview cutoff is higher then the Adelaide Dentistry Interview cutoff. I find this somewhat strange and puzzling considering the fact that Griffith is full fee for the final two years.

ab06

It seems that the Griffith Dentisry Interview cutoff is higher then the Adelaide Dentistry Interview cutoff. I find this somewhat strange and puzzling considering the fact that Griffith is full fee for the final two years.
wow tht is strange..oh and is the cut off for dent greater than 58 wtf? i doubt it..last year it was like 54

edit: umat veteran ..u r a non standard applicant right? just wondering wat ur gpa was/is? maybe tht was a factor

Last edited:

Lachlan

i just got a rejection letter for dental science at griffith :( i had a umat score of 163 and a predicted OP1
it also says i got invited for an interview for oral health therapy.

I guess that i have to do therapy for one year and cross over :(

Lachlan

i just rang up griffith and they said the umat cut off this year was 168. If this is true, i dont see why Umat Veteran didnt get an interview. Maybe it was your GPA.

add

i just rang up griffith and they said the umat cut off this year was 168. If this is true, i dont see why Umat Veteran didnt get an interview. Maybe it was your GPA.

Woah. This is getting stranger by the minute. I guess I'll find out tomorrow (hopefully) whether this is the case. btw I got 170.

ab06

im guessing the cut off is higher as the course is now more well known...and melb's undergrad dent course's last intake was 09