Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith Interview Offers are out!!!!

I live in Brisbane and I got the letter. Interview sounds awful like the med one (eek).

Does anyone know the cut-off for last year? It'd be interesting to see how big of a jump it is.

UMAT Veteran

wow tht is strange..oh and is the cut off for dent greater than 58 wtf? i doubt it..last year it was like 54

edit: umat veteran ..u r a non standard applicant right? just wondering wat ur gpa was/is? maybe tht was a factor

Hmmm Something doesnn't really seem right here. If the cut off is 168 than i should have gotten an offer. My GPA after about a year and a half of full time study is 6. so i doubt that it is not high enough. I am going to be ringing Griffith and ACER in the morn to see what the hell! It really doesn't make sense from the previous 3 years cut-offs!

im guessing the cut off is higher as the course is now more well known...and melb's undergrad dent course's last intake was 09

Yes, Absolutely true. I have been affraid that the cut off would jump up because of both of these things. The fact that Griffith 'advertises' its courses in UAC AND QTAC is pretty clever. It really makes kids think about going interstate....I didn't really consider it at all when i was in Yr 12. I was sort of ignorant to it all lol. It was QLD and only QLD. So i will have to give Griff. props for that as crud as it really is it is a clever move on their part. As for Melbourne.....Suck Suck Suck Suck!

I live in Brisbane and I got the letter. Interview sounds awful like the med one (eek).

Does anyone know the cut-off for last year? It'd be interesting to see how big of a jump it is.

Hey, Congrats on the interview offer ^_^

Would you be able to tell all us poor souls who aren't so lucky yet what it is the letter is telling you???? and why it sounds awful? Also does it mention how many people are being interviewed this year?

i heard 161 last year, anyone confirm?

Confirmed!

Last edited by a moderator:
The letter just says that the interview is on the 7th Dec 09 at the School of Med/Dent on the Gold Coast (same place/time of the medicine interviews). It also says to get their 45mins early because you will need to use that time to get ready for a scenario style question (like in the med one) and that the actual interview will be conducted with a panel and will be approx. 20mins long.
You have to fax/email back a copy of the confirmation slip within 10 days of the letter date, which was the 30th October. My dad took my letter into work to fax it, and I don't recall whether or not they said anything about the number of ppl they will interview, sorry.

I just think its awful because I epic failed the scenario thing. Was meant to get up for 4 mins and use the whiteboard, but I stood there for about 1 minute and just drew some random scribbles. So not looking forward to those GU Med offers/rejections this week =(

ab06

got one with 176..preference was 5th on qtac.. if i get an offer for medsci..i'll not attend the dental one..someone else could then have an interview(yy)

godoftoast

Señor Member
Emeritus Staff
GodofToast how did u go in UMAT? Did you get an interview? What school u go to?

UMAT of 95% (185 - pales in comparison to your awesome UMAT :lol:). I didnt get an interview because I didn't apply (2 years of full fee, NO THANKS (n)). BSHS.

LemonTea

Senior Procrastinator

UMAT Veteran

i just rang up griffith and they said the umat cut off this year was 168. If this is true, i dont see why Umat Veteran didnt get an interview. Maybe it was your GPA.

Hello everyone. I rang up Griffith to see what's up with my not receiving an interview offer and all they said was that i mustn't have gotten above 168, so i rang up ACER to see what the hell is going on with my results and they wouldn't give any info over the phone and said to just go and check them again online and check my emails for any correspondance.

I checked my results online and they are different from when i first checked them :( the first time i checked them (on the release date in Sept.) they were as follows:
S1:56
S2:51
S3:67
Total Raw 174
Overall 58
86%ile

I still have my statement of results i had saved to my comp.
My NEW results thanks to ACER and the UMAT Consortium are
S1:55
S2:45
Total Raw 167
Overall 56
80%ile
(n)
What a freakin RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!!! That is the worst kind of luck! I hate ACER and all it believes in.....But on the Bright side, At least i will be somewhere to the top of the waiting list....and it all ready seems that some very kind folk are rejecting their offers (yy)....To these people, Thank You! To all the rest....Good Luck

godoftoast

Señor Member
Emeritus Staff
Hello everyone. I rang up Griffith to see what's up with my not receiving an interview offer and all they said was that i mustn't have gotten above 168, so i rang up ACER to see what the hell is going on with my results and they wouldn't give any info over the phone and said to just go and check them again online and check my emails for any correspondance.

I checked my results online and they are different from when i first checked them :( the first time i checked them (on the release date in Sept.) they were as follows:
S1:56
S2:51
Total Raw 174
Overall 58
86%ile

I still have my statement of results i had saved to my comp.
My NEW results thanks to ACER and the UMAT Consortium are
S1:55
S2:45
Total Raw 167
Overall 56
80%ile
(n)
What a freakin RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!!! That is the worst kind of luck! I hate ACER and all it believes in.....But on the Bright side, At least i will be somewhere to the top of the waiting list....and it all ready seems that some very kind folk are rejecting their offers (yy)....To these people, Thank You! To all the rest....Good Luck

How the hell did that happen? Did you apply for a remark at all?