Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith's Graduate Diploma of Dentistry - CSP or Full-Fees?

Shizzy

Staff
Administrator
Wow this is big news for everyone in Griffith Dent!

(if it's not a mistake)

Last edited:

thehairyfoot

WOW! I hope this is real! IF it is I have to actually start studying - I have a reason to get good marks!

Hutcherson

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
This better be true! bring back the usual 50k debt like every other uni compared to the 200K debt for griffith. wooohoooo! :)

miss_universe

muse.
Emeritus Staff
wow :O thats awesome. gives so much more options for dent people :O

l2009

I sent off an e-mail asking about it and this was their reply:

"
Thank you for your e-mail. To check your eligibility, please visit the government's 'going to uni' website:
www.goingtouni.gov.au

Kind regards,"

Didn't exactly help me out =/ I asked a friend and he said it means that we just accumulate the grad dip tuition fees like a HECS debt instead of having to pay it up-front. Not really sure what to think. Hopefully someone else can make sense it, I can't be bothered right now :wacko:

This better be true! bring back the usual 50k debt like every other uni compared to the 200K debt for griffith. wooohoooo! :)

It's a bit over 100k, not 200k; currently 48k per 80CP and the grad dip is a 160CP program.

Last edited:

thehairyfoot

I sent off an e-mail asking about it and this was their reply:

"
Thank you for your e-mail. To check your eligibility, please visit the government's 'going to uni' website:
www.goingtouni.gov.au

Kind regards,"

Didn't exactly help me out =/ I asked a friend and he said it means that we just accumulate the grad dip tuition fees like a HECS debt instead of having to pay it up-front. Not really sure what to think. Hopefully someone else can make sense it, I can't be bothered right now :wacko:

It's a bit over 100k, not 200k; currently 48k per 80CP and the grad dip is a 160CP program.

Isn't that what the case has already been though??? 'Cos we could get FEEHELP etc to payback the 100K later. Generally the difference between CSP and DFEE is that the CSP has some sort of sponsorship from the government

UMAT Veteran

Interesting! I'll have to ask someone at the School of DOH. I hope it is true, cus then that will give me as well a reason to work even harder to get a CSP spot (hopefully they just give out ALL CSP spots by the time we hit 4th year :D).

Can you all imagine the spike in competition for entry into griffith if this is all true :|

No UMAT, No full fee, awesome uni, awesome location, brand new hospital soon, Degree's courses constantly being updated to make sure we learn the newest of the new techniques/procedures.....Supergenius' only need apply

UMAT Veteran

Isn't that what the case has already been though??? 'Cos we could get FEEHELP etc to payback the 100K later. Generally the difference between CSP and DFEE is that the CSP has some sort of sponsorship from the government

I'd agree with you, except they distinguish between CSP and FEE-paying Postgraduate (Domestic) Students. It also says "This postgraduate program has Commonwealth supported places" then you click on the link and it shows the contribution that students have to make (only about 9K).....This is all very exciting. To bad stupid centre isn't open on saturdays to answer calls :(

UMAT Veteran

We may be in luck with this, I just noticed that on the Doctor of clinical dentistry degree info page (for specialty AFTER you have done a BDSc or equiv) that it says it only offers feepaying domestic applicants (which has always been the case with this particular postgraduate degree, much like the grad dip of dent. Only now the grad dip dent site has that CSP mention......... I would think that is +1 on the Possibility of CSP places available now.

qickin

would somebody know number of csps given out of cohort? i hope its not like 1... and what exactly is needed to get one?

Hutcherson

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
i would assume CSP will only be allocated to australian citizens and not international students for a start. but yeah not sure how many allocations.

qickin

if we get into this lets outsmart the non-mso'ers and take all the csp places

UMAT Veteran

Hey all, I had a chat today with some of the DOH lecturers and when I brought up the CSP they all seemed shocked. None of them ha heard of it, and each of them said it wasn't likely and that they had recently updated the website and there were some problems with it. Anyway, they said they'd check and get back to me.

miss_universe

muse.
Emeritus Staff
we can only hope..:O

UMAT Veteran

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE!!!!!

I just called Griffith admissions and the lady said that for 2011 they have changed the Graduate Diploma of Dentistry to CSP places....not just a handful of them either......EVERYONE getting entry into the grad dip will be on a CSP Place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No more Fee's for US!!!!!!! We will graduate with the same HECS debt as everyone else! I AM FREAKING STOKED!!!!!!!! Griffith RULES Everywhere else drools!

Now it is No UMAT, No Rediculous fees!!!! Say hello to competition people!

thehairyfoot

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE!!!!!

I just called Griffith admissions and the lady said that for 2011 they have changed the Graduate Diploma of Dentistry to CSP places....not just a handful of them either......EVERYONE getting entry into the grad dip will be on a CSP Place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No more Fee's for US!!!!!!! We will graduate with the same HECS debt as everyone else! I AM FREAKING STOKED!!!!!!!! Griffith RULES Everywhere else drools!

Now it is No UMAT, No Rediculous fees!!!! Say hello to competition people!

Are you serious? like this isn't some kind of sick joke??