Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith Dentistry Apparent Rejection

motivate123

Hey guys, I got offered a Griffith Dentistry offer but I won't be taking it due to the cost involved - that's one extra place for you guys. So there definitely will be second round offers. :)

By the way, does QTAC release your rank for a particular preference if you call them?

thanks for the heads up =] gl with everything.

yeah thanks kizz lol
man im getting no where.. i made 2 calls today and nothing. not to mention the second call resulted in the lady basically yelling at me as she found out I called before ^_^, ive emailed the person who deals with GPA calculations for griffith im really hoping to get a reply from him so I can use it as evidence because frankly neither QTAC and Griffith seem to want to help me.. :(

euphoriac

Lurker
You know what? The Griffith admin staff are very vague and indifferent to prospective students. They can't expect people NOT to enquire especially when there's been so many mistakes on their part.

I do believe there'll be second round offers, it seems illogical to me if there isn't... unless they've over-offered which I don't think is the case with the UAC cutoff being 99.90 -_-

Hey all......my sis has a gpa of 6.7, applied through UAC and had it as her only preference. I read before the cut off was a gpa of 6.5?? she didnt get any offer. should she have got one?? this is really confusing :huh:

@treehippie, it sucks looks like UAC candidates were at a disadvantage, the 6.5 (apparent) cuttoff is for QTAC so if you only applied through UAC you screwed yourself unintentionally

Kizz

yeah thanks kizz lol
man im getting no where.. i made 2 calls today and nothing. not to mention the second call resulted in the lady basically yelling at me as she found out I called before ^_^, ive emailed the person who deals with GPA calculations for griffith im really hoping to get a reply from him so I can use it as evidence because frankly neither QTAC and Griffith seem to want to help me.. :(

No problem ;)

Hey all......my sis has a gpa of 6.7, applied through UAC and had it as her only preference. I read before the cut off was a gpa of 6.5?? she didnt get any offer. should she have got one?? this is really confusing :huh:

Probably Griffith Dent allocated more places to QTAC than UAC, or UAC places were actually offers declined by QTAC applicants of the major offer round, since the UAC major offer round was after QTAC's. Or maybe it could've been both. Can't think of another reason why the ATAR cut-off would be 99.90 =/
Either way, I wish you the best of luck in the next offer round.

KIWIpride

Where did you get the information about the GPA cut off? only ATAR cut off for UAC is known.

douseewhatisee

Alot of things are based on pure speculation!

jazmed

Lurker
http://www.qtac.edu.au/Courses/coursevacancies.htm#gu

Further offers may be made to existing applicants for the following courses however no new applications will be accepted. Existing applicants for these courses may re-order their preferences if they wish. Griffith University also encourages applicants to respond to any offers made in the following programs by the response date.

228272 - B Medical Science (MBBS Provisional Entry for School-leavers)
233422 - B Medical Science (MBBS Provisional Entry for School-leavers)
233812 - B Oral Health in Dental Science

ok thanks everyone....

@kiwipride, i read those cutoffs from either this thread or another griffith thread....but maybe now they could have been the cutoffs for QTAC applicants.

kazuki

Hey guys. I'm in exactly the same situation as the_international with a GPA of 6.89 and didn't get an offer...and i can't seem to get through to Qtac. I've been calling 0061 7 3858 1222 and it just says "the number you have dialed is currently busy" Is this cause Qtacs call center is still down? Or have i got the wrong number?end_of_the_skype_highlighting

hey kazuki, yeah I cant seem to get a hold of QTAC either, but they have just today replied to my msg I gave them last week, im really looking forward to their next reply! (lets hope thats not in another weeks time haha) but yea their really busy obviously so try emailing them.

bobby190

hmm I am second year from NZ (otago) and the lowest I got is 1 B+(in 2009) of the total 15 papers I have done in the past 2 years. And in 2010 whenn I applied my lowest mark was A-.
So my GPA should be near 7 right?
Should I be concerned that I didnt get an offer either?
Any help would be appreciated. thanks guys

KIWIpride

hmm I am second year from NZ (otago) and the lowest I got is 1 B+(in 2009) of the total 15 papers I have done in the past 2 years. And in 2010 whenn I applied my lowest mark was A-.
So my GPA should be near 7 right?
Should I be concerned that I didnt get an offer either?
Any help would be appreciated. thanks guys

Yes, it should be near 7. and you should contact QTAC and ask them for your ATAR, also email [email protected] and ask them to look into your case.

monkey magic

I just got back from bali and my dad told me that I didn't get in through uac, but got in through qtac ages ago.

Thought I should apply through uac to get an extra chance after first round offers didn't come though.

bobby190

I got an email from griffiths uni today. and I got told that my Gpa was 6.29. how do you convert NZ gpa out of 9 to australian GPA out of 7?

douseewhatisee

No one actually knows. Neither QTAC nor any other state tertiary institution will give you the conversion table. But at least they have told you where you stand with your GPA and hence a 6.29 would be equal to a 98 rank in QLD which is just below what was required (99 rank).

Depending on how many rejections there are you may get a second round offer with a 98 rank.