Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

MSO Convention: GC / Brisbane 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

godoftoast

Señor Member
Emeritus Staff
Come one, come all to the MSO Convention 2012 where the best and brightest medical students and hopefuls exchange key ideas and advice, discuss relevant issues pertaining to the field we endeavour towards and synergise with potential professionals from an interdisciplinary background in order to become better leaders of tommorow.

On the convention agenda:

-Keynote Speaker: Dr Matt MBBS (Hons I - Uni Medal UWS) on "Endeavouring Towards Being a Badass: My Guide to Success"
-Guest Speaker: Shizzy the Golum on "Running MSO Without Losing One's Sanity"
-Guest Speaker: Hutch on "Dentistry: How I Cope With Not Being A Badass Doctor Like Matt"
-Guest Speaker: Gulls on "1 Easy Way to Break MSO Addiction: Take Heroin Instead!"
-Cake (which may be a lie)

Date: Jan 14th
Attire: Doctor-y :p

Final Note: This is a very exclusive event and tickets are selling fast. To register your interest post below. Ticket prices are as follows: $0.00 for MSO Members. $1,000,000.00 for you lurkers who take it all and dont give back :p

One Final Note: If you see any announcements about a Sydney meetup, please disregard those announcements. Its obviously a knock-off of this event manufactured by a stalker who likes to steal souls :p

Last edited:

mighty

One Final Note: If you see any announcements about a Sydney meetup, please disregard those announcements. Its obviously a knock-off of this event manufactured by a stalker who likes to steal souls :p
I'm not a ginger and you know it, you b*tch. :p

Also, Sydney all the way!

Last edited:

Kyle

Old Man MSO
Emeritus Staff
Well I heard that U2, Coldplay, Elton John and the Pope were teaming up to give their rendition of the entire soundtrack of all seasons of Glee to date at the Sydney meet up.

Just saying what I heard.

miss_universe

muse.
Emeritus Staff
Now an annual thing I hope. Bars the next one in Adelaide!!!

Shizzy

Staff
Administrator
So what's the plan? I'd love if something could be done after 2 since that's when I finish work but don't let that stop the plans :p

Any ideas so far? Lunch? Dinner? Afternoon snacks? :p

Where to? Beach? Cafes? Robina? My place? :p Matt's for xmen? hehe

gulls

Victim of Procrastination
Emeritus Staff
I can make it if it's in the afternoon- got a study sesh in Brisbane City before that. I'll take the train there.

On a side note, I'm going to be in Melbourne from 2-5 Feb. Need to see if anyone's keen to meet up around those days. =D

Shizzy, where at Goldy is good to go? Not exactly a local here...wherever you say works, perhaps would work?

Is Hutchy coming? I know she lands around the 14th or something, no?

*ETA*

I'm guessing that's a 'yes' to the Hutchy haha.

Matt

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
So is this definitely on the GC?

That's the plan, but I'll likely be in Brisbane that morning and am able to give people a lift. Plan would be, I think, beach (perhaps Burleigh) in the afternoon and then back to either mine or Shizzy's in the late afternoon/early evening.

Hutcherson

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
I leave Thailand on the 13th at night and arrive on the 14th morning. So hopefully I can make it in the afternoon. Ill keep you guys updated.

EDIT: Won't be able to come to Gold Coast. Have fun though :)

Matt

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Shizzy and I could come to a Brisbane meet if it ends up being a lot easier for everyone else. But there would need to be a good alternative to the beach in Brisbane.

Hutcherson

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Shizzy and I could come to a Brisbane meet if it ends up being a lot easier for everyone else. But there would need to be a good alternative to the beach in Brisbane.

Baha the fake beach at Southbank. jks.

godoftoast

Señor Member
Emeritus Staff
Roma Street Parklands? Could get a good game of cricket/ultimate frisbee or something up in that shiznit and itd be possible to walk/bus it to an eatery in the CBD if we choose to for lunch or dinner etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.