Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith 2012!

Purrito

Thanks for the massively useful post from before goodboy!
I'm just wondering, can anyone tell me what exactly is in the enrolment pack Griffith sends us? It's just that I'm going overseas from the 24th Jan to the 18th Feb and I don't want to miss anything important in the mail that I'll need before I come back... :unsure: (Tried calling both student admissions and the school of dentistry but neither gave me a definite answer.) I'll have internet access though while overseas for everything else :) Thanks!

l2009

If I can remember correctly ... there were information sheets for when we had to get a bunch of blood tests done by

goodboy

Thanks for the massively useful post from before goodboy!
I'm just wondering, can anyone tell me what exactly is in the enrolment pack Griffith sends us? It's just that I'm going overseas from the 24th Jan to the 18th Feb and I don't want to miss anything important in the mail that I'll need before I come back... :unsure: (Tried calling both student admissions and the school of dentistry but neither gave me a definite answer.) I'll have internet access though while overseas for everything else :) Thanks!

With respect to enrolment packs, there was an Intro to Griffith Uni sort of booklet, offer letter, and other basic enrolment realted sheets. In regards to blood tests, immunization, First Aid and other Dental School/health related formalities - the Dental School staff will come and brief you about this in one of of your 'Intro to Dental Professions' lecture. Until then, nothing needs to be done. For now, just look out for enrolment packs!

vincent168

Stimodont
With regards to the student ID, can we do it whenever? Like even after the semester starts or its like part of enrollment?

l2009

Dunno, probably. Only problem is that you won't get concession rates on public transport :p

vincent168

Stimodont
So if I want the public transport card, I need to do it early or your saying the later I do it, the longer I'll need to pay full fare?

vincent168

Stimodont
"Placements may be outside of the Brisbane metropolitan/Gold Coast area including Northern New South Wales and (by negotiation) interstate or overseas." REALLY?!?!??!?!??!?!

l2009

Yeap? Griffith 5th years go down to the Brewarrina clinic (rural NSW) for a few weeks, as well as placements in Northern QLD.

l2009

Not too sure. I think you may get to put down preferences, but no guarantee. They're definitely not going to put you interstate like in Sydney/Melbourne/Perth/Adelaide/Hobart ... placement areas off the top of my head are Sunshine Coast, Robina, Rockhampton, Mackay, Logan, Kingston, Woodridge ... pretty much all in QLD Health public clinics.

vincent168

Stimodont
Ah ok. Got my all excited :(

Btw I just realised the ID is used as a concession card. I got a bit confused by what you said before LOL. Wow thats quite awesome. Down in VIC we need a separate concession card (transport card or healthcare card) for concession rates!

Edit: Which college is everyone going to? When you going to settle in at Griffith? (Interstaters+internationals) (just curious..)

Last edited:

UMAT Acer

I'm going on the 18th, settle in a bit before I get ready for the orientation on the 21st :)
Hoping to meet heaps of people before the 29th :)

aonin

If I can remember correctly ... there were information sheets for when we had to get a bunch of blood tests done by

DId griffith uni mail those sheets for blood tests to you? All I got was the information pack about how to enrol and the form for the medsci orientation camp