Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UMAT 2012 thread.

• Thread starter Deleted member 4350
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrChopper

@SachinMuthu Don't txttype on this site thanks, we expect full sentences and grammar here. Cheers.
Sorry! I was on my phone so it was a bit hard to type, but i'll ensure that I follow correct grammar and punctuation from now on!

SpringTime

Another long day of waiting...bring on tomorrow?:unsure:

Xenon Hexafluoride

here comes trouble
I am really nervous every day the week seems to take ages. It would be nice for ACER to tell us a week or so beforehand as they would have surely figured it out when they were able to release the results. Tomorrow will be a long day...

dnzlcuz

Find me too

2010: Lots of prep, lots of stress as I was in year 12.

S1:47
S2:45
S3:51
Overall 48
% 37

2011: No prep, I just did one acer paper which I had done last year.

S1: 64
S2: 55
S3: 66
Overall 62
% 91

Shows prep doesnt work for everyone, also shows that being relaxed is better.

2012... Did the UMAT in Brisbane this time. Slightly stressed, but I had last year to fall back on.

wait... don't they take your MOST RECENT umat result? so technically you don't have 2011 to fall on... unless you dont put your 2012 result on the application form

Sam

¿umm?
wait... don't they take your MOST RECENT umat result? so technically you don't have 2011 to fall on... unless you dont put your 2012 result on the application form

They take the better of the two.

pi

Junior doctor
Emeritus Staff
They only did that for 2011 results and before. Now UMAT results are only valid for one year.

pgawk

Ekki múkk
They only did that for 2011 results and before. Now UMAT results are only valid for one year.
You can still use 2011 scores this year. It's 2012 scores and on that are only valid for the year.

miss_universe

muse.
Emeritus Staff
I wonder if this change will affect the UMAT cutoffs.... Doesnt really change supply and demand does it?

Not particularly. I doubt there will much of a difference.

So I was reading the 2011 results thread, can someone explain to me the 1:1:0.5 weighting?

[EDIT]

Oh, I just realised that it's in regards to a university weighting, no explanation needed :p

miss_universe

muse.
Emeritus Staff
So I was reading the 2011 results thread, can someone explain to me the 1:1:0.5 weighting?

Some unis take the first 2 sections into more account than section 3 when they offer you an interview. Its called the 'weighted mark'

Xenon Hexafluoride

here comes trouble
The cutoffs should not change more than they have previously as people with 2011 and 2012 results will still be able to apply. Next year on the other hand the cutoffs might decrease as there will only be one year's results that can be used.

pi

Junior doctor
Emeritus Staff
Yeah that's what I meant haha, UMAT2011 and before had a validity of two years :p Should have made myself more clear, apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.