Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

JCU James Cook University Dentistry 2014

Did anyone get a recent offer for JCU Dentistry (non-standard and interstate)?
I've lost all hope :(
I got an offer as a non-standard, interstate, non-rural student.
But declined due to a better offer elsewhere.
I assume this will mean someone like you will get a second round offer for the place offered to me, no?

steviee5

Was this during the 1st offer round?

Did you get your offer during the first offer round StealthyPope?

Last edited by a moderator:

jeng

Is the same thing happening this year where the wording on QTAC changes for successful applicants?

Safraaz

I got an offer as a non-standard, interstate, non-rural student.
But declined due to a better offer elsewhere.
I assume this will mean someone like you will get a second round offer for the place offered to me, no?
Congrats. If you don't mind me asking; what did you end-up choosing over JCU dent?
As for 2nd round offers, I hope that there are many others who rejected their 1st round offers also :p
Fingers crossed I'll get one!

Is the same thing happening this year where the wording on QTAC changes for successful applicants?
Surprisingly, no one has mentioned the change this year - as far as I know!

smerkle

Make sure to join out the JCU Dents 2018 Facebook group if you have accepted your offers! http://www.facebook.com/groups/1447820302100177/

adomad

Make sure to join out the JCU Dents 2018 Facebook group if you have accepted your offers! http://www.facebook.com/groups/1447820302100177/
Why's it called "dents"? the 's' irks me
Possibly consider changing the group's name to: JCU dentistry class of 2018, JCU dent 2018, JCU Dentistry 2018 OR, my personal recommendation, JCU d3nt kr3w tweeny8teen

smerkle

Dental Students are often referred to as dents… just as med students as meds.. if it offends you so much, go ahead! First two are too long, another reason for the short form. Like I said, couldn't care less. go for it Andrew.

adomad

Dental Students are often referred to as dents… just as med students as meds.. if it offends you so much, go ahead! First two are too long, another reason for the short form. Like I said, couldn't care less. go for it Andrew.
I'm not offended, but it does sound like I offended you by questioning it... Sorry Smerkle, we still friends? I guess if there's a system in place for naming dentistry students, then it's all good.

EDIT: Fuarrr, I feel bad now.
NgHnhmI.png

but since u're open to changing it.....how about that "JCU d3nt kr3w tweeny8teen" hmmmmm?
Not srs.

smerkle

I'm not offended, but it does sound like I offended you by questioning it... Sorry Smerkle, we still friends? I guess if there's a system in place for naming dentistry students, then it's all good.

Official update: Add yourselves to JCU Dentistry 2018… soon to be changed to JCU d3nt kr3w tweeny8teen by popular opinion :p

also i dunno if its a canadian thing to say dents and meds. my bad if it is!

Was this during the 1st offer round?

Did you get your offer during the first offer round StealthyPope?

Yeah, first round offer.

Congrats. If you don't mind me asking; what did you end-up choosing over JCU dent?
As for 2nd round offers, I hope that there are many others who rejected their 1st round offers also :p
Fingers crossed I'll get one!

Thanks man, I chose medicine at UWS over JCU dent - Cairns sounds way nicer but I'm too broke to move cities right now...

Also, I know one other person who's declined an offer, so that's another available spot for the second round.
good luck, hope you get in

steviee5

Yeah, first round offer.

Thanks man, I chose medicine at UWS over JCU dent - Cairns sounds way nicer but I'm too broke to move cities right now...

Also, I know one other person who's declined an offer, so that's another available spot for the second round.
good luck, hope you get in

Thanks dude for the detail!

eshj

I am also going to decline my offer at JCU for dentistry as I got assured pathway for dentistry at UWA my home state
Here is another spot for dentistry at JCU good luck :)

Luna

Today , 2nd offer rounds are released at 9am. I wish everyone that is still waiting the best of luck! Make sure you tell us the outcome so we can welcome you at the 'JCU dentistry 2018' Facebook page or lend you a shoulder to cry on if things don't work out the way you wished. Looks like a few people declined their first offer, so never give up!!!