Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

CSU Working & Studying

Dot

Hi everyone!

I'm going to be starting Dentistry at CSU this year and am wondering if it would be reasonable to work part time - say a couple of weeknights +/- a weekend while studying 1st year ? I'll need a bit of income to support myself in Orange but I'm not sure what sort of study load to expect...

Also, are first year hours generally 9-5pm...or a little less?

Thanks! :)

BuccalCusp

Hi everyone!

I'm going to be starting Dentistry at CSU this year and am wondering if it would be reasonable to work part time - say a couple of weeknights +/- a weekend while studying 1st year ? I'll need a bit of income to support myself in Orange but I'm not sure what sort of study load to expect...

Also, are first year hours generally 9-5pm...or a little less?

Thanks! :)

it is possible to work and study at the same time, and quite a few people studying from various years do that! most of the paid work is in town so be mindful of the distance (might need your own transport). the timetable can be full on some days, but there are other days where you might only have half a day. it might be a good idea to wait for the final timetable before approaching employers, as the schedule can be quite rigid :)

Dot

Cool! Thanks BuccalCusp! Really appreciate your response :)

I just handed in my resignation at work this week - with 4 weeks notice, and bought a car to take to Orange! So super excited to get things started :D I'm itching for that timetable! lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Omm

BDSc BSc(HONS) PGradDip Ortho (UK)
Cool! Thanks BuccalCusp! Really appreciate your response :)

I just handed in my resignation at work this week - with 4 weeks notice, and bought a car to take to Orange! So super excited to get things started :D I'm itching for that timetable! lol

You should be fine, if you have a science background at university you'll definitely be able to (maybe even more). I know I got through a hell load of movies and series in first year that should have probably been time spent studying ;D

Your timetable (at this current point in time):
Screen Shot 2015-01-17 at 9.09.38 pm.png

Dot

Thank you Omm! You're amazing! The timetable system is not as straight forward as when I did uni! Big help, thanks :) Ill check it again closer to Session starting

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads