Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

GRIFFITH DENTISTRY 2015 offers

HotIce

Hey,
Just wondering if anyone has received an email from griffith yet... I know that last year emails were sent the day before QTAC official offers.

Your title in capital letters gave me a heart attack..I thought you have received an offer :/
and no, no email for me so far....the suspense is killing me

Spundy

I think I broke my own record at checking for an email as soon as I had read that title!

Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Sorry!! This might seem like a silly question; when I spoke to QTAC they told me that the highest rank was a 99, but when I called griffith they told me that you need above a 99 usually for dentistry and they have their own methods for calculating points. Does anyone know how they calculate if you are a 99. Something ?

Limobean

For non-standards, they use GPA. In order to get a 99 you need at GPA OF 6.5. Anything above that woud have decimal spaces, eg. 99.55.

They convert it to a RANK though and not ATAR.

For non-standards, they use GPA. In order to get a 99 you need at GPA OF 6.5. Anything above that woud have decimal spaces, eg. 99.55.

They convert it to a RANK though and not ATAR.

Ok thank you. I am still a little bit confused because my GPA is 6.25 and I have a bachelor of biomedical science with honours in physiology (hons 2A) and I have been told by QTAC that I have an automatic rank of 99, and the lady I spoke to yesterday from griffith said that I will definitely have a decimal after the 99 due to have a bachelor with hons. She said she wasn't able to tell me the exact rank as QTAC was down on her end for "offer allocations".

Limobean

I see. Yeah 6.25 is too low but since you have honours, it will really boost your chances. We just need to wait till tomorrow to see. Good luck!

UAV

Ok thank you. I am still a little bit confused because my GPA is 6.25 and I have a bachelor of biomedical science with honours in physiology (hons 2A) and I have been told by QTAC that I have an automatic rank of 99, and the lady I spoke to yesterday from griffith said that I will definitely have a decimal after the 99 due to have a bachelor with hons. She said she wasn't able to tell me the exact rank as QTAC was down on her end for "offer allocations".
How recently did you complete your honours year?
6.25 + Second Class Honours is competitive.

UAV

Oh really? I finished my honours last year.
A couple people in my cohort got in with GPA's just below 6.5 over 3 years but had 1st and 2nd Class honours. Which is fair enough as maintaining a GPA of around 6.25-6.5 over three years + doing a year of honours is very difficult. I think your chances are good :) No guarantees haha.

A couple people in my cohort got in with GPA's just below 6.5 over 3 years but had 1st and 2nd Class honours. Which is fair enough as maintaining a GPA of around 6.25-6.5 over three years + doing a year of honours is very difficult. I think your chances are good :) No guarantees haha.

Fingers crossed! Did you have to wait until QTAC released offers or did you get an email from griffith before then?

HotIce

I recall seeing the offer on qtac the day before but got the email the next day.

I just want to say that you have been a great help to struggling awaiting applicants like myself.

It's great to have reassurance and advise from people who have been through it all. Wish you best of luck in your dental career :) and hope to join you as a future colleague tomorrow

Limobean

Called Griffith and they reduced their intake to 80places this year (due to ADA or higher ups) and I just missed out T_T by 0.02...

GPA cutoff was 6.65...