Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

CSU 2016 Offers Thread

Omm

BDSc BSc(HONS) PGradDip Ortho (UK)
So who here on MSO got an offer? Congratulations!

First round was released 3rd December however further positions will be released as people decline their offers.

Those accepted PM @BuccalCusp - there's a FB group going around for you guys to join :D

For those who did not get in this year don't loose sight of the dream. Check out @Hutcherson post here: http://medstudentsonline.com.au/forum/threads/charles-sturt-dentistry-2016.29813/page-6#post-292368

Both her and I didn't get in the first time, she's now a Dentist and I'm in 4th year. If you want to know specifics on entry I'll refer you to this thread: http://medstudentsonline.com.au/forum/threads/charles-sturt-dentistry-2016.29813/

cc101

First round was released 3rd December however further positions will be released as people decline their offers. [/QUOTE said:
most of the universities release their first round of offers in mid January. CSU released early round of offer on 3 Dec. how come there is a possibility of any one declining their csu offer, if they have not had any other offer yet. This is so confusing.

cc101

So who here on MSO got an offer? Congratulations!

First round was released 3rd December however further positions will be released as people decline their offers.

/
most of the universities release their first round of offers in mid January. CSU released early round of offer on 3 Dec. Next early round of offer date is 5 Jan. how come there is a possibility of any one declining their csu offer by now, if they have not had any other offer yet. This is so confusing.

Reactions: MD

Hutcherson

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
most of the universities release their first round of offers in mid January. CSU released early round of offer on 3 Dec. Next early round of offer date is 5 Jan. how come there is a possibility of any one declining their csu offer by now, if they have not had any other offer yet. This is so confusing.

In the past I know second round offers have been made until end of January or even up to Oweek (happened one year with a student)! So it won't necessarily be this round offer but there may be people declining in mid Jan if they get into another dental or medical course which they have as a personal higher preference whether thats local or interstate.

Omm

In the past I know second round offers have been made until end of January or even up to Oweek (happened one year with a student)! So it won't necessarily be this round offer but there may be people declining in mid Jan if they get into another dental or medical course which they have as a personal higher preference whether thats local or interstate.
I think the question was more confusing than what I said xD

cc101

what I meant is that hardly any one who got CSU offer by now, would have received any other offer as no other offers have been released yet. So there is unlikely that any one will decline their CSU offer by 4th Jan. Next round of offers by CSU is 5th January. So on what basis CSU will release 5th January round of offers?

Omm

I amend my statement;

First round was released 3rd December however further positions will be released THROUGHOUT JAN/FEB as people decline their offers.

BuccalCusp

if anyone here has received an offer please send me a message thank you

cc101

Hi BuccalCusp. congratulation. when did you get offer - December or January round? Did you had CSU as your first preference? are you standard applicant?

BuccalCusp

Hi BuccalCusp. congratulation. when did you get offer - December or January round? Did you had CSU as your first preference? are you standard applicant?

@cc101 sorry i should've mentioned earlier that i'm already a dental student at CSU!
hang in there mate, there could be more offers released in the main round.. but honestly speaking if i wanted to come and study dentistry at CSU, then i would probably put that as my first preference ;) it really depends on what you want to study and where you want to go! all the best and feel free to get in touch if you have any questions. i'll do my best to help out :)

cc101

it is too late to change preference now. I am from WA and WA date for changing preference was different to CSU. so I missed the date. Does anyone know if there is any way I can change the preference after the required date.

Axwe8

cannula service
it is too late to change preference now. I am from WA and WA date for changing preference was different to CSU. so I missed the date. Does anyone know if there is any way I can change the preference after the required date.
Yes, after the 20th January, you can update your preferences for round 2. Confirm by calling UAC earliest thing tomorrow morning :)

BuccalCusp

you should be able to change for February round - but i would contact UAC.