Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

bond 2016

BondieMed

Anyone know when O-week actually is? The information pdf we were sent when given an interview says O-week begins 16th of May, however the Bond website says its the 9th.
Thanks in advance.

eddterrange

Anyone know when O-week actually is? The information pdf we were sent when given an interview says O-week begins 16th of May, however the Bond website says its the 9th.
Thanks in advance.

You should have received an email from bond it contains all the info, it says O week starts the 9th of May.

BondieMed

@Kazza Any idea of the schedule for O-week? I have one prior commitment that I will find difficult to bail on, I'm hoping it doesn't clash with anything compulsory. Is it every day of O-week, 8-5, or are there a few specific scheduled sessions throughout the week?

@Kazza Any idea of the schedule for O-week? I have one prior commitment that I will find difficult to bail on, I'm hoping it doesn't clash with anything compulsory. Is it every day of O-week, 8-5, or are there a few specific scheduled sessions throughout the week?

O week is mostly just signing up for clubs and societies. There are also a few themed parties; usually a tight n bright, back to school. There will be a formal welcome for all new Bond students (not specific to med kids) on one of the nights, most likely a trivia night or initiation games. Then there will be a formal welcome to Bond med students, where you will meet the staff, Medsoc and get to meet each other. Medsoc also has prepared o week activities, most likely in the weekend after O week, however this is still yet to be confirmed.

Hey guys just wondering, for those who have gone through the first year, what was the timetable like? How many days/week did you have to attend? Is it possible to choose your own timetable or is it pre-set? and how tough would you say the first few weeks of first sem are?
Cheers!

Batfleck

O week is mostly just signing up for clubs and societies. There are also a few themed parties; usually a tight n bright, back to school. There will be a formal welcome for all new Bond students (not specific to med kids) on one of the nights, most likely a trivia night or initiation games. Then there will be a formal welcome to Bond med students, where you will meet the staff, Medsoc and get to meet each other. Medsoc also has prepared o week activities, most likely in the weekend after O week, however this is still yet to be confirmed.

Can you please explain to me what FEE-HELP is ? I dont really get it.

duubz

Can you please explain to me what FEE-HELP is ? I dont really get it.
Fee help is a interest fee loan provided by the government for upto 124000 (close to that). The interest is indexed to cpi which doesn't fluctuate that much which means that its pretty much interest free. There is a loan fee of 25 percent though which isnt included in that 124000 loan. So you can choose to defer some of your fees from fee help and you pay it off as you start working where they take a certain percentage of your income if you earn more 50000ish. Ofcouree as you earn more, the percentage increases but never rises above 8 percent

Batfleck

Fee help is a interest fee loan provided by the government for upto 124000 (close to that). The interest is indexed to cpi which doesn't fluctuate that much which means that its pretty much interest free. There is a loan fee of 25 percent though which isnt included in that 124000 loan. So you can choose to defer some of your fees from fee help and you pay it off as you start working where they take a certain percentage of your income if you earn more 50000ish. Ofcouree as you earn more, the percentage increases but never rises above 8 percent

Are you living on campus ? If so , have you booked your room yet?

eddterrange

On campus accomodation application open on the 29th of march. just wondering will you all be living on campus?

Batfleck

when do we have to finish all those compliance requirements ? It looks like there is a lot of stuff to get done...