Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Monash Monash Medicine: Dean's Rural List

Ihave been emailed an application for deans rural list from Monash today . I am presuming that this means I have passed some selection criteria. I did well at UMAT. Is that correct ?

Skarzin

Monash Med III
Ihave been emailed an application for deans rural list from Monash today . I am presuming that this means I have passed some selection criteria. I did well at UMAT. Is that correct ?

No, it's for all applicants. I received this email last year, but didn't get in.

apk22

reI just received the email inviting me to apply for the Dean's Rural List yesterday and am trying to log in with the account name and password that they sent to me but it wasn't working so I went through the rest password process. It still isn't letting me login. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue or maybe it could be attributed to the fact that it is like 2am in Aus and they might have restrictions on when we can login (similar to logging into UAC)??

pi

Junior doctor
Emeritus Staff
Best to call them during business hours. Logins should work at all hours, ordinarily.

apk22

Ah my friend said she had the same problem... we are both currentky overseas so can’t really call them but will certainly email them if I can’t login again tomorrow

anzcwb

Ok, so I am an interstate RA2 applicant with...
UCAT: 80th Percentile
ATAR: 99.05

Do you think my UCAT result was not competitive enough? Also, will I now be pooled with all the non-rural applicants?

CristinaYang

Monash V 🐬
Newbie of the Year 2019

Do you think my UCAT result was not competitive enough? Also, will I now be pooled with all the non-rural applicants?

Hmmm to my knowledge this should’ve gotten an interview....are you sure you applied to the DRL correctly? and did you submit the appropriate forms in time? Note that the DRL is different to the Extended Rural Cohort option you preference on VTAC.

anzcwb

Yes, I submitted my online application to the DRL separately and have a confirmation email too. I was not required to submit a statutory declaration or verify any information I provided either, so I am sure the application itself was completed appropriately.

A1

Rookie Doc
So the Dean's Rural List was already called last week?

DRL applicants whether Vic or interstate are interviewed in the same round as for non-DRL Vic. We have seen some invites sent to interstate DRL, otoh there are interstate DRLs with pretty high scores who have not received an invite. We don't really know what's going on.

phuong

I am in your same boat as in I am RA2, UCAT 73 and atar 99.8 and I too have not received invite for DRL from Monash. Sigh....

DRL applicants whether Vic or interstate are interviewed in the same round as for non-DRL Vic. We have seen some invites sent to interstate DRL, otoh there are interstate DRLs with pretty high scores who have not received an invite. We don't really know what's going on.
I am RA2 applicant with Ucat 73 and atar 99.8 and i still havent heard from Monash regarding interviews for DRL. I have called them twice and last Friday they said they put me through to the faculty but no one was there to pick up phone, so the gentleman I spoke to said he was going to leave them a message to call or email me but i still havent received any further clarification.

A1

Rookie Doc
I am RA2 applicant with Ucat 73 and atar 99.8 and i still havent heard from Monash regarding interviews for DRL.

Only speculative, could it be that some noob at Monash is using Curtin's calculation method therefore your (99.8+2630)= 2729.8 is far worse than a (94.8+2680)= 2774.8 ?

Highly unlikely, but we never know when they don't tell us how they calculate ;)

Med10

Only speculative, could it be that some noob at Monash is using Curtin's calculation method therefore your (99.8+2630)= 2729.8 is far worse than a (94.8+2680)= 2774.8 ?

Highly unlikely, but we never know when they don't tell us how they calculate ;)
Is the level of rurality a big factor? I got an interview invite and my UCAT of 67% is quite low and my ATAR is around 98 (OP2). I am an RA3 rating, whereas the others are RA2??? Seems a bit strange.

CristinaYang

Monash V 🐬
Newbie of the Year 2019
I am in your same boat as in I am RA2, UCAT 73 and atar 99.8 and I too have not received invite for DRL from Monash. Sigh....

I am RA2 applicant with Ucat 73 and atar 99.8 and i still havent heard from Monash regarding interviews for DRL. I have called them twice and last Friday they said they put me through to the faculty but no one was there to pick up phone, so the gentleman I spoke to said he was going to leave them a message to call or email me but i still havent received any further clarification.
If you don’t mind what was your SJT score?

phuong

This is response I got from Monash today A1:

Thank you for your email and in response to some of the questions that our central team were unable to answers.

The invitations which were sent out for interview on the 18th of December included all DRL applicants which we had results for. Many our interstate DRL applicants were not in this round as we did not have their results.

We will be assessing more applicants and sending out invitations hopefully by the end of the second week of January, for interview on 21st of 22nd of January.

If we can help you any further, please update this enquiry.

Regards

Medicine Admissions
Monash University

Last edited by a moderator:

A1

Rookie Doc
This is response I got from Monash today A1:

Thank you for your email and in response to some of the questions that our central team were unable to answers.

The invitations which were sent out for interview on the 18th of December included all DRL applicants which we had results for. Many our interstate DRL applicants were not in this round as we did not have their results.

We will be assessing more applicants and sending out invitations hopefully by the end of the second week of January, for interview on 21st of 22nd of January.

If we can help you any further, please update this enquiry.

Regards

Medicine Admissions
Monash University

I hope that's the truth. Last year Monash sent out invites on 17th Dec including for interstate rurals, didn't have a problem with not having their results.

Iirc Monash told you earlier they would send these invites by end of that week (Fri 20th) after getting their results. Obviously that didn't happen despite all ATARs would have been known by then.